Coronado PST Personal Solar Telescope
"Why buy a telescope that can only look at one object?" The Sun in H-A is the most dynamic object you will ever see while pointing a telescope skywards. Constantly changing and never repeating itself, the Sun through a Coronado solar filter will hold your attention for a lifetime. Coronado solar telescopes serve to enhance that view for you, your family, and friends. The telescopes provide an easy and portable set up that is always ready right out of the box.
The Coronado PST™ (Personal Solar Telescope)...the little scope with the BIG image...incorporates state-of-the-art patented technology to provide superb views of both Solar surface detail and prominences. Sub angstrom H-A systems have long been cost prohibitive for the amateur. Designs other than the Coronado are difficult to use because of temperature and F-Ratio requirements. Not only does the Coronado PST solar telescope have a bandpass of <1.0 angstrom (the double-stacked PST has a bandpass of <0.5A!) but it is also thermally stable and requires no more time to operate than putting in a eyepiece and adjusting the focus. Safe solar observing in H-alpha for a fraction the cost of other solal filter systems is now a reality!
The Coronado PST represents the same technology and quality that goes into a SolarMax series telescope, but with a few unique design characteristics that allow us to offer it for less than some premium eyepieces. The Coronado Personal Solar Telescope will show you prominences, active regions, filaments, as well as other surface details. The Coronado PST telescope is made from milled aluminum, not plastic! Optional accessories include a hard travel case, MALTA tabletop mount, and Coronado CEMAX series eyepieces.
Coronado Personal Solar Telescope Features...
- 400mm focal length 40mm aperture f/10 refractor with an integrated hydrogen alpha solar filter.
- Includes an internal modified Coronado Sol Ranger Sun Finder for easy centering.
- Included 20mm (20x) 1.25" Kellner eyepiece.
- Integrated focuser and telescope combination to prevent inhibit dust.
- Narrow passband width provides maximum contrast and visibility of active solar regions.
- Achromatic doublet objective lens is fully multi coated.
- Thread-in metal lens cover to protect the object lens.
- <1.0 Ångstrom passband, centered on the 6562.8 Ångstrom H-Alpha line.
- Five Year Warranty.
|Solar Instrument Type||Telescope|
|Aperture||35mm - 50mm|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Blocking or ERF Aperture||10mm|
|Telescope Focal Length||400mm|
|Telescope Focal Ratio||f/10|
|Solar Finder Included?||No|
|Length of Optical Tube||15"|
|Optical Tube Weight||3 lbs.|
- Coronado PST Solar Telescope
- BF-5 Internal Blocking Filter
- 20mm Kellner Eyepiece
- Reuseable box with dye-cut foam (retain foam for future use with optional case)
- Manufacturer's Five Year Limited Warranty