Stellarvue SV080ST-25FT 80mm f/6 APO Triplet Refractor - 2.5" Feathertouch Focuser
Now you can get a top performing APO triplet using the Stellarvue fully multicoated, triple tested APO objective. This high Strehl triplet APO lens is not just another import, it is a star tested, state of the art APO triplet that performs as well as the legendary Lomo objective both visually and photographically.
The Stellarvue SV080ST-25SV 80mm f/6 APO Triplet Refractor telescope includes a 2.5" Feathertouch Focuser dual speed, fully rotating focuser and aluminum dewshield. It is threaded for Stellarvue field flatteners. Includes 2" and 1.25" adapters, CNC clamshell and case.
Stellarvue SV080ST-25FT 80mm f/6 APO Triplet Refractor Telescope Features
- Fully Multicoated APO Triplet Objective: The high Strehl, apochromatic triplet objective provides extremely high contrast, and several extreme broadband coatings are used on all six lens. This boosts contrast: the stars appear vivid and the background, velvet black. These coatings transmit light far above and below the visual spectrum, which is important to minimize reflections seen on CCD images. The relatively fast speed and high strehl optics make the 80 APO an excellent wide field imaging telescope and the visual performance is stunning.
- Tube and Dew Shield: The standard model (SV080ST2-25SV) comes with an aluminum tube and dew shield that is finished in Stardust White. Fittings are black anodized aluminum. The dew shield retracts reducing the length of the telescope when being stored. Extending the dew-shield minimizes dewing of the objective at night and serves as a glare shade during the daytime.
- Internal Tube Treatment: The inside of the main tube assembly is painted "ultra flat black" and is baffled to eliminate tube wall reflections.
- Difference Between Aluminum and Carbon Fiber Tubes: The aluminum tube of the SV80ST cools down rapidly but is one pound heavier than a carbon fiber tube. The lighter carbon fiber tube takes a longer to equalize. Stellarvue is able to precision machine the tube components in the aluminum tube so each telescope is precisely and perfectly aligned to a slightly higher degree than a carbon fiber tube with its bonded metal parts. while this is not usually a problem with longer focal length tubes, they have found it is an issue with such a short focal length tube. The other stated advantage to carbon fiber is the tube does not expand and contract as temperatures change. Imagers like this feature as they feel refocusing will not be necessary during the night. However, it should be pointed out that since this instrument is short, a large portion of the optical train is still aluminum. Since the tube is short and the focuser long, this stated advantage is probably not as valid as with Stellarvue's other carbon fiber telescopes with longer tubes. In the case of the 80 mm f-6 APO, most imagers and visual users alike prefer the aluminum tube for its immediate cool down, ultra precise alignment and minimal difference in weight.
- CNC Machined Clamshell Mounting Ring: The telescope comes with a R90C clamshell ring with flat base. The base has three 1/4-20 holes spaced 20 mm apart. The clamshell also has 10-32 screws on top and on the side for mounting finder scopes or other accessories. If your mount requires either a Losmandy or Vixen style rail, these are available separately. Use the TP6 for Losmandy system and the TP14 for the Vixen system. This telescope is also available with the R90 set dual hinged rings in place of the clamshell.
- Light Gathering and Magnification Power: The purpose of a telescope is to gather light and magnify the apparent size of the object being viewed. An 80 mm telescope gathers 131 times the amount of light of the naked eye. This will reveal faint objects in space. Magnification power (the increase in relative size of the object being viewed) is dependent upon the eyepiece being used. Different eyepieces provide different magnification powers. Since the Stellarvue 80 APO uses a highly accurate, hand figured objective lens and is triple tested in the USA, these telescopes are free of coma and astigmatism seen in many import telescopes. This provides sharper details when viewing at higher powers. Dawes limit states that the maximum power for telescopes of this size is about 186 power for a 80 mm telescope, under good conditions but it is well known that highly accurate APO triplet refractors can exceed Dawes limit. The real limit to you observing will be the atmosphere and the amount of light you will need to properly illuminate the field.
Stellarvue Product Number: SV080ST-25FT
Image depicts Stellarvue SV080ST with 2.5" Stellarvue Focuser. This model comes with a 2.5" Feathertouch Focuser.
- Additional Information
SKU SV-80ST-25FT Manufacturer Stellarvue Telescope Series Stellarvue APO Optical Design Refractor - Apochromatic Mount Type None - Optical Tube Only Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 80mm Telescope Focal Length 480mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/6 Optical Coatings Fully Multi-Coated Limiting Stellar Magnitude Info Not Provided By Manufacturer Highest Useful Magnification Info Not Provided By Manufacturer Optical Tube Outer Diameter 3.6" Length of Optical Tube 18.75" Optical Tube Weight 5.8 lbs. Dew Shield Included? Yes Dew Shield Outside Diameter 4.1" Tube Color or Finish Gloss White Finder Included None Case Included? Yes
- Included Items
- Stellarvue SV080ST-25FT 80mm f/6 APO Triplet Refractor
- 2.5" Feathertouch Focuser
- 2" and 1.25" Adapters
- CNC Clamshell
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads