SV-80A-25SV StellarVue Access 80MM Super ED/2.5"SV Focuser
An affordable example of a Super Apochromatic Refractor, the StellarVue Access 80mm is composed of a unique composite of materials intended to cut down on the cost without sacrificing any quality whatsoever- and we'd say they pulled it off! The objective was designed so as to contain an apochromatic doublet which uses a combination of FPL53 and Lanthanum which works to keep your image contrast high. Each and every lens is aligned by the manufacturer before they ship it out- ensuring that you'll be receiving color-free visual performance without any kind of price mark up as a result of it! Meanwhile, the 2.5 inch focuser is a work of craftsmanship in it's own right- it's smooth and steady dual speed performance provides a full 2.875" of travel- perfect for use in imaging or visual work. The heavy duty rack and pinion unit in question has a surprisingly smooth 8:1 ratio focus to ensure perfect focus and control every time, as well as it's superior, heavy duty design ensuring smooth and stable drawtube travel every time.
The StellarVue Access 80mm also comes equipped with a Dewshield finished in Instrument white with black anodized aluminum fittings; this dewscope is retractable as needed, and extending it both serves the purpose of shielding your scope from overnight dewing, but also helps protect it from Sun-glare during the day.
Meanwhile, the inside of the tube is painted black and treated so as to prevent any internal tube wall reflections, further increasing performance by doing so! To further increase the value of this item, it is packaged with two lightweight, hinged aluminum mounting rings. Each of these rings has three screws on the top and three on the bottom, and the threaded holes in them are 6mm. There's one central hole, and then a pair spaced 38mm apart.
SV-80A-25SV StellarVue Access 80MM Super ED/2.5"SV Focuser- Features
- 80mm Clear Aperture Lens.
- 560mm Focal Length.
- F/7 Focal Ratio.
- High quality Dewshield included
- Machined aluminum tube painted Instrument White outside, ultra flat back inside.
- The main tube has a 3.5" diameter. The complete telescope is 20.5” long with the dew shield extended and 18” long with dew shield retracted.
- The optical tube assembly weighs about 5.5 pounds, 6.4 pounds with rings, rail and finder.
- Each ring has three 6 mm threaded holes top and bottom with one in the center and two spaced 1.5" apart.
- Heavy Duty Rack and Pinion Focuser.
- Light gain of 131x that of the human eye.
- 2.5" dual speed StellarVue FSV25B rack and Pinion focuser with 2" and 1.25" compressing ring adapters.