Maybe it's because many of us started out with those frustrating little department store refractors, but Orion strives to offer quality telescopes for youngsters that are easy to use and will inspire their natural inclination to explore. The Orion StarBlast is one such telescope. Pint-sized in stature, it's a real reflecting telescope that's super-simple to use and yet manufactured with the kind of quality you'd expect in more expensive models.
Orion StarBlast 4.5" Tabletop Reflector Telescope
The Orion StarBlast 4.5 is a point-and-view telescope that swivels smoothly on its sturdy, low-profile base. No complicated setup is required. In fact, it comes pre-assembled and ready for action right out of the box! Just carry it outdoors by its built-in handle, place it on the ground or on a picnic bench, and let the fun begin!
Inside the Orion StarBlast's 18"-long steel tube are real, quality telescope optics, including a 113mm (4.5") parabolic mirror. With the two Explorer II eyepieces, kids will see spectacular views of the Moon's craters, the planets, star clusters, and lots of other exotic space stuff. Aiming the StarBlast is easy with the EZ Finder II "red dot" finder scope. The package also includes an eyepiece rack and a snap-on dust cap.
The Orion StarBlast will not only give kids hour after hour of fun, but will also nurture their interest in the night sky by giving them a rugged, usuable telescope. One-year limited warranty.
Orion StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope Features
- A great compact grab-and-go telescope designed for entry-level and intermediate astronomy enthusiasts
- Substantial 4.5" aperture and fast f/4 focal ratio provides bright, detailed views of solar system targets like the Moon and planets, as well as wide-field celestial objects like nebulas and star clusters
- Ships pre-assembled so you can go from the box to your backyard in minutes
- Stable tabletop base provides smooth altazimuth motion for easy manual tracking of celestial objects
- Includes two Explorer II 1.25" Kellner eyepieces (17mm and 6mm), EZ Finder II reflex sight for easy aiming, eyepiece rack, collimation cap, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
- Additional Information
SKU OR-10015 Manufacturer Orion Telescope Series Orion Star Blast Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Dobsonian - Single Arm Warranty Orion Limited Warranty Telescope Aperture 4.5" Telescope Focal Length 450mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/4 Highest Useful Magnification 228x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 12.9 Optical Coatings Aluminum Tube Color or Finish Orion Teal Pearl OTA Mount Type Dual Rings Length of Optical Tube 18" Optical Tube Weight 4 lbs. Mount Weight 9 lbs. Total Telescope Weight 13 lbs. Objects in Database N/A Alignment Procedure N/A Tripod Type Included None, Not Required CD ROMs Included Starry Night SE Eyepiece(s) Included 17mm, 6mm Diagonal Included? No - Not Required Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Power Adapter Included None - Does Not Require Power Counterweights Included N/A Finder Included Red Dot Finder
- Included Items
- 4.5" Optical tube assembly
- 17mm Explorer II eyepiece (1.25")
- 6mm Explorer II eyepiece (1.25")
- Altazimuth base
- EZ Finder II reflex sight
- Collimation cap
- Eyepiece rack
- Tube clamp
- Starry Night special edition software
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads