The Orion XT12i IntelliScope takes big-aperture astronomy to a new level of performance and user-friendly fun. With design ingenuity and technical sophistication that make competing models yesterday's news, it will wow even the most star-savvy enthusiast. And now the XT12i comes with a 2" Crayford-style focuser for improved performance.
Orion SkyQuest XT12i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope
The Orion XT12i SkyQuest Intelliscope's prodigious 305mm (12.0"), Pyrex parabolic primary mirror pulls down 42% more light than 10" optics and 126% more than 8" optics. What's more, the XT12i is an IntelliScope. Which means you can just plug the optional IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator into the scope's base and you're ready to find and view any of 14,000 celestial objects with the push of a button or two. Sound easy? It is.
This 12" Orion Dobsonian scope is outfitted with an open-ventilation, aluminum mirror cell that features 9-point floating support and mounting holes for an optional cooling fan. The 2" Crayford-style focuser accepts both 2" and 1.25" eyepieces. The Crayford-style focuser is smoother and more accurate than a rack-and-pinion focuser. Roller bearing construction eliminates image shift due to drawtube "rocking". Upgraded metal focusing knobs with rubber grips give you a great feel, and a thumb screw for locking the focus position and adjusting tension give you greater control. The focuser includes an adapter for 1.25" eyepieces.
When you get the Orion Skyquest XT12i Intelliscope, you also get a 9x50 dovetail finder scope and our exclusive navigation knob for easy slewing. The made-in-USA base boasts Teflon azimuth bearings for smooth, "stiction-free" movement (not the rumblin', bumblin' roller bearings as on some other brands), and a springless, adjustable CorrecTension system for always-perfect tube balance and motion.
Although it's big, the Orion XT12i is easily manageable by any fit individual. The optical tube, which uncouples from the base for transport, is 4' 10" long and 50 lbs. The base is 30" tall, 26" wide, weighs 33 lbs., and has a convenient carrying handle.
If you're ready for some outrageous aperture, get the smartest big scope to come along in years — the Orion XT12i IntelliScope! Mirror, optical tube, and base packaged separately; some assembly required.
Orion SkyQuest XT12i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope Features
- This clever "push-to" Dobsonian reflector telescope can lead you to more than 14,000 celestial objects with its included IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator
- 12" aperture f/4.9 reflector telescope gathers enough light for bright close-up views of the Moon and planets
- Provides sharp views of faint deep sky objects like galaxies, nebulas and star clusters
- Simple Dobsonian "point-and-view" ease of use plus IntelliScope smarts equals a telescope for a lifetime
- Includes 2" Crayford focuser, two Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepieces, a 9x50 right-angle correct-image finder scope, eyepiece rack, collimation cap, Starry Night software and more!
Bobs Knobs- Limited Time Offer!
Orion Product Number: 10020
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this item will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you. Most of the time, shipment will occur within a day or two of your order being placed. OPT will contact you right away if there are any delays in shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit.
If you are a local customer and plan to pick up your order at OPT, please put a note to that effect in the "comments" section of your shopping cart. We will let you know as soon as everything has arrived at our store and is ready for pick-up.
If you have ordered additional Orion items, we will either drop-ship them from the manufacturer as well, or ship them directly from our own stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. Regardless, we will not charge you additional shipping charges if we split your order, so no worries there.
Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions or concerns. We're here to serve you!
- Additional Information
SKU OR-10020 Manufacturer Orion Telescope Series Orion SkyQuest Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle with GoTo Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 12" Telescope Focal Length 1500mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/4.9 Highest Useful Magnification 300x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 15.1 Optical Coatings Aluminum Tube Color or Finish Orion Grey Pearl OTA Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle Length of Optical Tube 58.3" Optical Tube Weight 50 lbs. Mount Weight 33 lbs. Total Telescope Weight 83 lbs. Objects in Database 14,000 Objects Alignment Procedure 2-Star Alignment Tripod Type Included None, Not Required CD ROMs Included Starry Night SE Eyepiece(s) Included 25mm, 10mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Diagonal Included? No - Not Required Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Power Adapter Included None - Requires 9V Battery Counterweights Included N/A Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder
- Included Items
- Orion SkyQuest XT12i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope OTA
- 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- 10mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- 2" - 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- IntelliScope object locator hand controller
- 9x50 finder scope
- Finder scope bracket with O-ring
- Collimation cap
- Eyepiece rack
- Dust cap
- Eyepiece rack mounting wood screws
- Tensioning/Retaining knobs
- Tensioning knob nylon washer
- Tensioning knob metal washer
- Nylon retaining knob spacer
- Handle mounting hex-head screws
- Handle mounting screw washers
- Crescent wrench
- Azimuth encoder board
- Encoder connector board
- Encoder disk
- Left panel
- Right panel
- Front brace
- Top base plate
- Ground base plate
- Base assembly wood screws
- Hex key
- Plastic feet
- Feet attachment wood screws
- Encoder board mounting wood screws
- Brass bushing
- Azimuth axis hex-head screw
- Fender washers
- Hex lock nut
- Altitude bearing cylinders
- Altitude bearing cylinder screws
- Vertical stop knob
- Flat washers
- Altitude encoder assembly
- Coil cable
- Altitude encoder cable (53")
- Azimuth encoder cable (24")
- Wire retaining clips
- Hook-and-loop strips
- Plastic bumper
- Wood screws
- Nylon washers
- 9V battery
- Starry Night special edition software
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads