The SkyQuest Orion XT10i continues its dominance over all other 10" Dobsonians worldwide by virtue of its dazzling optics, a contemporary new design, and most exciting of all, the ability to locate any of more than 14,000 fascinating celestial objects with pushbutton ease! And it's now upgraded with a 2" Crayford-style focuser for smoother, more accurate performance.
Orion SkyQuest XT10i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope
With the Orion IntelliScope Computer Controller, locating and viewing even the most elusive deep-sky curiosities becomes a "no brainer." Just select an object to view from the controller's 14,000-object database. High-resolution, 9,216-step digital encoders integrated in the telescope then pinpoint the object and guide the scope right to it. Choose from dozens of additional menu options, including tours of the best deep-sky gems each month and identification of any object in the field of view. Oh, so that's the Cat's Paw Nebula!
The Orion XT10i IntelliScope features exquisite optics: a 10" (254mm) parabolic mirror (1200mm focal length, f/4.7) figured from low-expansion, U.S.-made Pyrex glass for superior thermal stability. It gathers 56% more light than an 8" mirror, reaching stars as faint as magnitude 15. The steel optical tube, now finished in deep bronze metallic enamel, is equipped with a 2" cast aluminum Crayford-style focuser, a navigation knob for easy slewing, a big 9x50 finder scope, and two Sirius Plossl eyepieces.
The Crayford-style focuser included with the Orion XT10i SkyQuest Intelliscope is smoother and more accurate than a rack-and-pinion focuser. Roller bearing construction eliminates image shift due to drawtube "rocking". Upgraded metal focusing knobs with rubber grips give you a great feel, and a thumb screw for locking the focus position and adjusting tension give you greater control. The focuser includes an adapter for 1.25" eyepieces.
Orion has streamlined the rock-stable Dobsonian base and upgraded it with a springless CorrecTension system that ensures even better manual tracking control and tube balance. Bearings molded from ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene and Teflon provide silky smooth motion of the telescope on both axes. A 2"/1.25" eyepiece rack and new, ergonomic carry handle come standard. Smart scope. Smart price. Smart buy. Get the Orion SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope today!
Orion SkyQuest XT10i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope Features
- This clever "push-to" computerized Dobsonian reflector telescope can lead you to more than 14,000 celestial objects with its included IntelliScope Object Locator
- Big 10" (254mm) aperture reflector telescope gathers loads of light for bright views of nebulas, galaxies, star clusters, and close-up study of the Moon and planets
- Stable support provided by the wooden Dobsonian telescope base and CorrecTension adjustment knobs keep the telescope optical tube balanced in any viewing position
- Simple Dobsonian "point-and-view" ease of use plus IntelliScope smarts equals a reflector telescope for a lifetime
- Includes 2" Crayford focuser, two 1.25" Sirius Plossl eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), a 9x50 right-angle correct-image finder scope, eyepiece rack, collimation cap, and Starry Night software
Bobs Knobs- Limited Time Offer!
Orion Product Number: 10019
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this item will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you. Most of the time, shipment will occur within a day or two of your order being placed. OPT will contact you right away if there are any delays in shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit.
If you are a local customer and plan to pick up your order at OPT, please put a note to that effect in the "comments" section of your shopping cart. We will let you know as soon as everything has arrived at our store and is ready for pick-up.
If you have ordered additional Orion items, we will either drop-ship them from the manufacturer as well, or ship them directly from our own stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. Regardless, we will not charge you additional shipping charges if we split your order, so no worries there.
Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions or concerns. We're here to serve you!
- Additional Information
SKU OR-10019 Manufacturer Orion Telescope Series Orion SkyQuest Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle with GoTo Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 10" Telescope Focal Length 1200mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/4.7 Highest Useful Magnification 300x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.7 Optical Coatings Aluminum Tube Color or Finish Orion Grey Pearl OTA Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle Length of Optical Tube 47.8" Optical Tube Weight 28.9 lbs. Mount Weight 26.3 lbs. Total Telescope Weight 55.3 lbs. Objects in Database 14,000 Objects Alignment Procedure 2-Star Alignment Tripod Type Included None, Not Required CD ROMs Included Starry Night SE Eyepiece(s) Included 25mm, 10mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Diagonal Included? No - Not Required Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Power Adapter Included None - Requires 9V Battery Counterweights Included N/A Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder
- Included Items
- Orion SkyQuest XT10i Optical tube assembly
- 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- 10mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- 2" - 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- IntelliScope object locator hand controller
- 9x50 finder scope
- Finder scope bracket with O-ring
- Collimation cap
- Eyepiece rack
- Dust cap
- Eyepiece rack mounting wood screws
- Tensioning/Retaining knobs
- Tensioning knob nylon washer
- Tensioning knob metal washer
- Nylon retaining knob spacer
- Handle mounting hex-head screws
- Handle mounting screw washers
- Crescent wrench
- Azimuth encoder board
- Encoder connector board
- Encoder disk
- Left panel
- Right panel
- Front brace
- Top base plate
- Ground base plate
- Base assembly wood screws
- Hex key
- Plastic feet
- Feet attachment wood screws
- Encoder board mounting wood screws
- Brass bushing
- Azimuth axis hex-head screw
- Fender washers
- Hex lock nut
- Altitude bearing cylinders
- Altitude bearing cylinder screws
- Vertical stop knob
- Flat washers
- Altitude encoder assembly
- Coil cable
- Altitude encoder cable (53")
- Azimuth encoder cable (24")
- Wire retaining clips
- Hook-and-loop strips
- Plastic bumper
- Wood screws
- Nylon washers
- 9V battery
- Starry Night special edition software
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Warren on Mar 5, 2015 10:11:00 AM
- Support / Downloads