Orion Sirius 8 EQ-G Reflector Telescope Package
To capture dramatic celestial portraits with a film or digital SLR or an astronomical CCD camera, you'll need a solid mount with excellent tracking and guiding capability and, ideally, a telescope with a large aperture and a focal ratio of f/6 or less. The Orion Sirius 8 EQ-G reflector fills the bill nicely.
With the GoTo controller on the Orion Sirius 8 EQ-G, you can command the telescope to swing to any of 13,400+ celestial objects selected from intuitive menus on the controller. Dual internal stepper motors then move the telescope at up to 3.4° per second right to your target object, tracking it while you observe or photograph it. With the built-in autoguider interface and periodic error correction (PEC) and an included polar scope for accurate polar aligning, you'll have an album full of killer astroimages in no time!
If visual observing is your primary interest, the Orion Sirius 8 EQ-G will provide years of wonderful views. At its heart is an 8" (203mm), center-marked parabolic mirror of 1000mm focal length (f/4.9). The tube features an upgraded 2" Crayford-style focuser with a 1.25" insert and drawtube tensioning knob.
Other features of the Orion Sirius 8 EQ-G include ten slew rates from 1.5x to 800x sidereal and large R.A. and Dec. locking levers. The tripod is remarkably sturdy, featuring extendable 1.75"-diameter stainless steel legs.
To power the mount you will need a 12-volt DC battery or an AC-to-DC adapter for use of 110-volt power. One-year limited warranty. For owners of the Sirius EQ-G GoTo Mount whose version of the GoTo hand controller is 3.0 or greater, the GoTo hand controller's firmware can be updated over the internet.
Orion Sirius 8 EQ-G Reflector Telescope Package Features
- The Sirius 8 EQ-G's large 8" aperture and short focal length reflector make it an ideal telescope for astrophotography
- The Sirius 8 features an 8" (203mm) parabolic mirror of 1000 focal length (f4.9) for bright, wide-field performance
- The ultra-stable Sirius EQ-G GoTo mount contains a computerized database of 42,900 celestial objects to explore and photograph
- With the built-in autoguider interface and periodic error correction (PEC) and an included polar telescope for accurate polar aligning, you'll have an album full of killer astrophotos in no time!
- Includes 8x40 finder scope, 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepiece, telescope tube rings, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
Orion Product Number: 24729
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this telescope (or mount) will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you and availability will be based on Orion's inventory levels. OPT will contact you immediately if there are any delays on shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit. Additional Orion items may be drop-shipped along with the telescope (or mount), or shipped directly from our own OPT stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. As a courtesy, OPT will cover all costs for splitting orders and separate shipments.
If a return issue should arise with an Orion drop-ship item, please note that OPT will be required to issue a minimum 10% restocking fee for its return to Orion. With this exception, all other conditions of the OPT return policy apply. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions on Orion Drop-Ship product availability or on this policy. We're here to serve you!
- Additional Information
SKU OR-24729 Manufacturer Orion Telescope Series Orion Sirius Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 8" Telescope Focal Length 1000mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/4.9 Highest Useful Magnification 300x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.2 Optical Coatings Aluminum Tube Color or Finish Orion Grey Pearl OTA Mount Type Vixen-Style Dovetail Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Length of Optical Tube 38" Optical Tube Weight 16.5 lbs. Mount Weight 32 lbs. Total Telescope Weight 84.7 lbs. Objects in Database 42,900 Objects Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs CD ROMs Included Starry Night SE Eyepiece(s) Included 25mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Diagonal Included? No - Not Required Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter Counterweights Included (2) 11 lbs. Finder Included 8 x 40 Optical Finder
- Included Items
- Orion Sirius 8 EQ-G Reflector Telescope OTA
- 26mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- 2" - 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- Equatorial mount
- Computerized hand controller
- 8x40 finder scope
- Dovetail finder scope base
- Collimation cap
- Camera adapter
- Tube rings
- Tube ring mounting plate
- 11 lb counterweights
- Counterweight shaft
- Tripod accessory tray
- Dust cap
- 12V DC Power cable
- GoTo hand controller cable for Sirius EQ-G
- GoTo hand controller cable for Atlas EQ-G
- GoTo hand controller bracket
- Computer interface cable (RS-232)
- Wire clip
- Starry Night special edition software
- One year limited warranty
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts