About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount…
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh 30 pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work…or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly…
The lightweight 6" Newtonian OTA offers up a wide field of view with a focal ratio of f/5. With 150mm of light-gathering capability, you can travel out of the solar system and into deep-space, but at a price you will love. This reflecting telescope system, with its classic parabolic aluminized primary mirror, is a great way to enter the hobby, and if you decide you want something a bit bigger or of a different optical design, you can simply swap one OTA for another. Since the VX mount can handle up to 30 pounds, you'll have a lot of options.
- Celestron's 6” (150mm) Newtonian optical tube assembly, with its f/5 optical design, gives excellent wide field views.
- The 6" Newtonian's parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX 6" Newtonian Telescope Specifications…
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 150 mm (5.9")
- Focal Length (mm): 750 mm (30")
- Focal Ratio: 5
- Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 in)
- Magnification 1: 38 x
- Finderscope: 6x30
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Fastar Compatible: No
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Legs: 2"
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- Highest Useful Magnification: 354 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 21 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.93 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.77 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 459 x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 1.75" in (44 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 30%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 8.78 %
- Optical Tube Length: 27" (686 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 10 lb. (4.54 kg)
- EQ Mount Weight: 17 lb. (7.71 kg)
- Total Weight (lbs): 56 lb. (25 kg)
- Tripod Height (Max): 64" (1626 mm)
- Tripod Height (Min): 44" (1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lb. (8.16 kg)
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 1 x 11 lb.
- Latitude Range: 7-77º
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
- Internal Clock: Yes
- GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Product Number: 32054
- Additional Information
SKU CE-32054 UPC Code 050234320542 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron Advanced VX Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 6" Telescope Focal Ratio f/5 Telescope Focal Length 750mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 13.4 Highest Useful Magnification 354x Optical Coatings Aluminum Tube Color or Finish Gloss Black Length of Optical Tube 27" Optical Tube Weight 10 lb. Mount Weight 17 lb. Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included 6 x 30 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 20mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter Counterweights Included 1 @ 11 lb. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000+ OTA Mount Type Dual Rings Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs Total Telescope Weight 56 lb.
- Included Items
- 6" Newtonian OTA
- 20mm Eyepiece
- 6x30 Finderscope
- Car Battery Adapter
- 1 - 11 lb. Counterweight
- VX Advanced Mount
- Hand Controller
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsWould my 30-year old Celestron 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA (that has a dove-tail mount slot with a 1.8" wide slot) fit the mounting system on the Celestron Advanced VX mount? In other words, could I purchase the Advanced VX 6" Newtonian telescope and easily place my old 8" SC OTA on it? Thank you.Question by: Stuart C. on Dec 1, 2015 2:07:00 PMMany of the Celestron scopes that old have an inverted dovetail, with the female slot on the scope and the male dovetail upside down on the mount. This mount has the female saddle on the mount and the male dovetail rail on the telescope (running from front to back). The saddle clamp on this mount accepts male dovetails up to 1.83" wide at the widest and 1.72" wide where it meets the telescope. If your Celestron has the older female clamp on the scope, this will need to be removed and a male V series dovetail will need to be added. Please let us know if you have any questions.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Dec 2, 2015 10:32:00 AM
- Support / Downloads