Vixen R200SS - 8" Newtonian Reflector Telescope
The remarkably fast 200mm (8") f/4 parabolic primary mirror of the Vixen R200SS Newtonian reflector gives extremely sharp images with no chromatic aberration. The use of state-of-the-art coating technology yields the ideal surface for its f/4 primary mirror. The visual observer will enjoy wide views of deep sky objects. Actual groups of nebula or clusters can be viewed at the same time with this instrument.
The telescope's large aperture and compact body make it ideally suited for astrophotography of nebulae, star clusters and comets. The use of the optional coma corrector allows for a sharp coma-free image from edge to edge, and the included dual speed focuser is great for fine-focus observing and imaging.
Vixen R200SS - 8" Newtonian Reflector Telescope Features
- 800mm focal length operating at a fast f/4 focal ratio for a wide, true field of view.
- Multi-coated optics for bright, crisp images.
- Impressive resolving power of 0.63" and limiting stellar magnitude of 13.3.
- Optical tube assembly weighs only 11.68 pounds.
The product images may show optional equipment, like the 7X50 finder and bracket, and the eyepiece. This OTA comes with the tube rings, a carry handle, and a compression ring for the focuser.
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount…
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work…or a combination of the two.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX Mount Specifications…
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Legs: 2"
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
- Total Weight (lbs): 46 lbs (21 kg)
- Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
- Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 1 x 11 lbs
- Payload Capacity: 30 lbs (14 kg)
- Latitude Range: 7-77º
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- GPS?: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Additional Information
SKU VX-5869+91519P4 Manufacturer Vixen Telescope Series Vixen R Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 5 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 8" Telescope Focal Length 800mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/4 Highest Useful Magnification 400x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 13.3 Optical Coatings Aluminum Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Optical Tube Outer Diameter 232mm Length of Optical Tube 27.5" Optical Tube Weight 11.7 lbs. Tube Color or Finish Gloss White Eyepiece(s) Included SEE CODE 13*** SEE CODE 13*** Finder Included None Alignment Procedure Manual Alignment Objects in Database 40,000 GPS Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Battery Adapter Counterweights Included (1) 11 lb. Hand Controller Included? Yes Mount Weight 35 lbs. Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs Total Telescope Weight 46.7 lbs. (not including counterweight)
- Included Items
- Vixen R200SS - 8" f/4 Newtonian OTA
- Dual Speed Focuser
- Compression Ring
- Carry Handle
- 232mm Tube Rings
- VX Advanced Mount
- Car Battery Adapter
- 1 - 11lb Counterweight
- Hand Controller
- Coma Corrector 3
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads