Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ Reflector Telescope
Considering how many adults have told us they love the Orion StarBlast "mini Dob" we weren't surprised that some of them suggested Orion offer the StarBlast optical tube on a full-size telescope mount. Sounded like a good idea to us. So here it is, the Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ.
The Orion Star Blast EQ is bound to become a favorite of both adults and adolescents alike. It combines the much-heralded StarBlast wide-field (f/4.0) parabolic optics with a sturdy, adjustable-height EQ-1 equatorial tracking mount.
The short focal length of the Orion StarBlast EQ Reflector telescope serves up a generous chunk of sky in the eyepiece, making it easy for beginners to find objects. This version of the Orion StarBlast offers an even more pronounced wide-field viewing experience, as we've upgraded the eyepieces to include two from the Expanse series — 15mm (30x) and 6mm (75x) — which have a 66° apparent field of view. Images of everything from the Moon to the Messier objects appear exceptionally sharp and contrasty. And the EZ Finder red-dot aiming scope makes starhopping around the sky a breeze.
With the equatorial mount on the Orion StarBlast EQ, you will be able to keep your target object centered in the eyepiece with only an occasional tweak of one slow-motion cable. Or add an optional electronic drive and let it do the tracking automatically.
So if you're an adult (or a parent with kids) looking for an exceptional starter scope on a tracking mount, or an experienced amateur astronomer seeking a more portable alternative to your "light bucket," then get a Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ. The name says it all! One-year limited warranty.
Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ Reflector Telescope Features
- A wide-field reflector telescope with enough aperture to get great views of the Moon, planets, and many bright deep-sky objects
- A fantastic general-purpose astronomical telescope - great for the beginner to "test the waters" with mirror optics large enough to keep you and your family busy viewing for years to come
- Works amazingly well with the included Expanse telescope eyepieces which yield a very wide 66-degree apparent field of view - your first look at the Andromeda galaxy will knock your socks off!
- Fast f/4 optics and a short focal length provide a very wide field of view, making it easy to locate celestial objects without having to hunt around
- The EQ-1 equatorial telescope mount makes tracking night-sky objects extremely easy using the included slow-motion controls. Also includes an EZ Finder II reflex sifght for easy aiming, 15mm and 6mm 1.25" Expanse eyepieces, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
Orion Product Number: 9798
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this telescope (or mount) will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you and availability will be based on Orion's inventory levels. OPT will contact you immediately if there are any delays on shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit. Additional Orion items may be drop-shipped along with the telescope (or mount), or shipped directly from our own OPT stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. As a courtesy, OPT will cover all costs for splitting orders and separate shipments.
If a return issue should arise with an Orion drop-ship item, please note that OPT will be required to issue a minimum 10% restocking fee for its return to Orion. With this exception, all other conditions of the OPT return policy apply. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions on Orion Drop-Ship product availability or on this policy. We're here to serve you!