This remarkable scope combines powerful 203mm-diameter reflector optics with point-and-view simplicity in one nicely portable package. And with the included Orion IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator, even the novice stargazer has access to the location of 14,000+ celestial wonders stored in the IntelliScope's databank. It's like having your own personal tour guide to the universe!
Orion SkyQuest XT8i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope
You just select an object to observe using the Object Locator's illuminated menu buttons (Galaxies, Clusters, Nebulas, etc.), or choose a pre-set tour of the best objects, then press Enter. The IntelliScope's high-resolution, 9,216-step digital encoders direct the telescope right to the object, placing it squarely in the eyepiece. Just remember... Not every object can be seen given sky conditions, aperture, etc.
The Orion XT8i IntelliScope is the most advanced 8" Dobsonian telescope available. Its 8" (203mm) parabolic primary mirror serves up jaw-dropping images of the planets, nebulas clusters, and galaxies. The enameled steel tube boasts a "navigation knob" for easy slewing, a right-angle finder scope and now a Crayford-style focuser that accepts 2" and 1.25" eyepieces. The focuser provides silky-smooth, backlash-free motion that eliminates image shift, making it easier to achieve the sharpest possible focus
The tube rides on a streamlined, ultra-stable Dobsonian base, moving smoothly on Teflon and UHMW polyethylene bearing pads. The CorrecTension system keeps the tube perfectly balanced for point-and-view ease of use.
Find out how much fun big-aperture stargazing can be with the Orion SkyQuest XT8i IntelliScope!
Orion SkyQuest XT8i Computerized IntelliScope Telescope Features
- Large Dobsonian reflector telescope with 8" aperture allows you to see faint deep-sky objects such as nebulas and galaxies, in addition to fantastic views of the Moon and planets
- Locating those faint deep-sky objects is simple with the IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator - it includes more than 14,000 objects in its database, and points you right to each one
- Select the object you wish to view from the IntelliScope database, then simply follow the directional arrows displayed on the hand controller by moving the telescope until the object is right in the eyepiece field of view - it's easy!
- The ultra-stable Dobsonian telescope base keeps the reflector optical tube perfectly balanced for easy point-and-view use
- A precise Crayford focuser allows use of larger format 2" telescope eyepieces - the bright, wide-field view of the Andromeda galaxy in a low power 2" eyepiece is jaw-dropping!
Orion Product Number: 10018
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this item will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you. Most of the time, shipment will occur within a day or two of your order being placed. OPT will contact you right away if there are any delays in shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit.
If you are a local customer and plan to pick up your order at OPT, please put a note to that effect in the "comments" section of your shopping cart. We will let you know as soon as everything has arrived at our store and is ready for pick-up.
If you have ordered additional Orion items, we will either drop-ship them from the manufacturer as well, or ship them directly from our own stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. Regardless, we will not charge you additional shipping charges if we split your order, so no worries there.
Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions or concerns. We're here to serve you!
- Additional Information
SKU OR-10018 Manufacturer Orion Telescope Series Orion SkyQuest Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle with GoTo Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 8" Telescope Focal Length 1200mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/5.9 Highest Useful Magnification 300x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.2 Optical Coatings Aluminum Tube Color or Finish Orion Grey Pearl OTA Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle Length of Optical Tube 44.5" Optical Tube Weight 20.8 lbs. Mount Weight 21.3 lbs. Total Telescope Weight 41.6 lbs. Objects in Database 14,000 Objects Alignment Procedure 2-Star Alignment Tripod Type Included None, Not Required CD ROMs Included Starry Night SE Eyepiece(s) Included 25mm, 10mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Diagonal Included? No - Not Required Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Power Adapter Included None - Requires 9V Battery Counterweights Included N/A Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder
- Included Items
- Orion SkyQuest XT8i Optical tube assembly
- 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- 10mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- 2" - 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- IntelliScope object locator hand controller
- 9x50 finder scope
- Finder scope bracket with O-ring
- Collimation cap
- Eyepiece rack
- Dust cap
- Eyepiece rack mounting wood screws
- Tensioning/Retaining knobs
- Tensioning knob nylon washer
- Tensioning knob metal washer
- Nylon retaining knob spacer
- Handle mounting hex-head screws
- Handle mounting screw washers
- Crescent wrench
- Azimuth encoder board
- Encoder connector board
- Encoder disk
- Left panel
- Right panel
- Front brace
- Top base plate
- Ground base plate
- Base assembly wood screws
- Hex key
- Plastic feet
- Feet attachment wood screws
- Encoder board mounting wood screws
- Brass bushing
- Azimuth axis hex-head screw
- Fender washers
- Hex lock nut
- Altitude bearing cylinders
- Altitude bearing cylinder screws
- Vertical stop knob
- Flat washers
- Altitude encoder assembly
- Coil cable
- Altitude encoder cable (53")
- Azimuth encoder cable (24")
- Wire retaining clips
- Hook-and-loop strips
- Plastic bumper
- Wood screws
- Nylon washers
- 9V battery
- Starry Night special edition software
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsCan I add a Tripod to this telescope or don't need to ? Can you ship to Mauritius or I can arrange DHL to pick upQuestion by: Samser on Mar 3, 2017 9:55:00 PMThis telescope is designed to sit on the ground and cannot have a tripod added easily. Unfortunately, we can only ship Orion products in the USA, but we do have a number of used telescopes that can be shipped overseas. Please contact us if you have any questions.Answer by: Chris Hendren on Mar 15, 2017 3:58:00 PMQuestion by: connie on Jan 21, 2016 12:50:00 AMUnfortunately, not without a lot of additional parts. Normal DSLR cameras will not focus unless barlows or eyepiece projection is used, and without a tracking motor you would be limited to quick snapshots of the moon and brightest planets. Please contact us if you have any questions about the best way to get into astrophotography.Answer by: Chris Hendren on Jan 21, 2016 6:30:00 PM
- Support / Downloads