Orion SkyQuest XT8G GoTo Dobsonian
This remarkable scope combines powerful 203mm-diameter reflector optics with point-and-view simplicity in one nicely portable package. And with the included GoTo system, even the novice stargazer has access to the location of 42,000+ celestial wonders stored in the controller's databank. It's like having your own personal tour guide to the universe!
The Orion XT8G 8" (203mm) parabolic primary mirror serves up jaw-dropping images of the planets, nebulas clusters, and galaxies. The enameled steel tube boasts a "navigation knob" for easy slewing, a right-angle finder scope and now a Crayford-style focuser that accepts 2" and 1.25" eyepieces. The focuser provides silky-smooth, backlash-free motion that eliminates image shift, making it easier to achieve the sharpest possible focus
The tube rides on a streamlined, ultra-stable Dobsonian base, moving smoothly on Teflon and UHMW polyethylene bearing pads. The CorrecTension system keeps the tube perfectly balanced for point-and-view ease of use.
Find out how much fun big-aperture stargazing can be with the Orion SkyQuest XT8G GoTo Dob!
Orion SkyQuest XT8G Computerized Dobsonian Telescope Features
- Innovative GoTo Dobsonian reflector telescope with fully motorized object location and automatic tracking of over 42,000 celestial wonders!
- 8" aperture reflector optics reveal detailed views of the planets and Moon, as well as deep-sky objects such as nebulas, galaxies, and sparkling star clusters
- All GoTo motors, gears, and encoders come pre-installed on the Dobsonian base boards so assembly is quick and easy
- Requires 12V power supply (sold separately) for motorized operation
- Includes 2" dual-speed (11:1) Crayford focuser, 28mm 2" DeepView eyepiece, 12.5mm 1.25" illuminated crosshair Plossl eyepiece, EZ Finder II reflex sight, eyepiece rack, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
Orion Product Number: 10134
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this item will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you. Most of the time, shipment will occur within a day or two of your order being placed. OPT will contact you right away if there are any delays in shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit.
If you are a local customer and plan to pick up your order at OPT, please put a note to that effect in the "comments" section of your shopping cart. We will let you know as soon as everything has arrived at our store and is ready for pick-up.
If you have ordered additional Orion items, we will either drop-ship them from the manufacturer as well, or ship them directly from our own stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. Regardless, we will not charge you additional shipping charges if we split your order, so no worries there.
Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions or concerns. We're here to serve you!
- Additional Information
SKU OR-10134 Manufacturer Orion Telescope Series Orion SkyQuest Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle with GoTo Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 8" Telescope Focal Length 1200mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/5.9 Highest Useful Magnification 300x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.2 Optical Coatings Aluminum OTA Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle Optical Tube Weight 19.7 lbs. Mount Weight 32.7 lbs. Total Telescope Weight 52.4 lbs. Objects in Database 42,000 Alignment Procedure 2-Star Alignment, Brightest Star Tripod Type Included None, Not Required CD ROMs Included None Eyepiece(s) Included 28mm DeepView, 12.5mm Illuminated Plossl Diagonal Included? No - Not Required Power Adapter Included None - Requires 12V DC Adapter Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder
- Included Items
- 8" Reflector Telescope Optical Tube Assembly
- Dust Cover
- 28mm Deep View Telescope Eyepiece - 2"
- 12.5mm Illuminated Plössl Telescope Eyepiece - 1.25"
- EZ Finder w/Bracket
- Collimation Cap
- Eyepiece Rack
- 2 Eyepiece Rack Wood Screws (20mm, Black)
- 2 Hex Keys (2mm, 3mm)
- Tube to Base Securing Knob
- Hand Controller Holster w/2 Assembly Screws
- Left Panel w/Altitude Motor Pre-Installed
- Right Panel
- Front Brace
- Ground Baseplate Assembly w/Azimuth Motor Pre-Installed
- 6 Base Assembly Wood Screws (Coarse Thread, 47mm)
- 8 Base Assembly Machine Screws (Fine Thread, 60mm)
- 3 Handles
- 6 Handle Mounting Screws (Hex Head, 25mm)
- 2 Hex Keys (Size: 4mm, 6mm)
- 3 Plastic Feet
- 3 Feet Wood Screws (1")
- 3 Rubber Plugs for Feet
- Hand Controller
- Hand Controller Cable
- AZ Motor Connection Cable
- RS-232 Computer Cable
- Primary Mirror
- Mirror Cell
- 3 Collimation Knobs
- 3 Nylon Washers (3/4" Outer Diameter)
- 3 Springs
- Questions & Answers
- Support / Downloads