About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount…
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work…or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly…
The 8" Newtonian OTA offers up a wide field of view with a focal ratio of f/5. With 200mm of light-gathering capability, you can travel out of the solar system and into deep-space, but because of the more economical optics as opposed to a Schmidt-Cassegrain or other catadioptric design, this telescope will cost you a lot less. This reflecting telescope system, with its classic parabolic aluminized primary mirror, is a great way to enter the hobby, and if you decide you want something a bit bigger or of a different optical design, you can simply swap one OTA for another. Since the VX mount can handle up to 30 pounds, you'll have a lot of options.
- Celestron's 8” (200mm) Newtonian optical tube assembly, with its f/5 optical design, gives excellent wide field views.
- The 8" Newtonian's parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion!
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX 8" Newtonian Telescope Specifications…
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 200 mm (7.87 in)
- Focal Length (mm): 1000 mm (39 in)
- Focal Ratio: 5
- Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 in)
- Magnification 1: 50 x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Fastar Compatible?: No
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Legs: 2Z
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- Highest Useful Magnification: 472 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.7 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.58 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 816 x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.2" in (56 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 28 %
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 7.81 Z
- Optical Tube Length: 27" in (686 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 14 lbs (6.35 kg)
- EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
- Total Weight (lbs): 71 lbs (32 kg)
- Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
- Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 2 x 11 lbs
- Latitude Range: 7-77º
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximun
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- GPS?: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Additional Information
SKU CE-32062 UPC Code 050234320627 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron Advanced VX Optical Design Newtonian Reflector Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 8" Telescope Focal Ratio f/5 Telescope Focal Length 1000mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14 Highest Useful Magnification 472x Optical Coatings Aluminum Tube Color or Finish Gloss Black Length of Optical Tube 27" Optical Tube Weight 14 lb. Mount Weight 17 lb. Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 20mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter Counterweights Included 2 @ 11 lb. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000+ OTA Mount Type Dual Rings Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs Total Telescope Weight 71 lb.
- Included Items
- 8" Newtonian OTA
- 20mm Eyepiece
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Car battery adapter
- 2 - 11lb counterweights
- VX Advanced mount
- Hand controller
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsQuestion by: crc01 on Apr 23, 2014 6:41:30 AMIf you are not using a coma corrector, just unscrew the top part of the 1.25" eyepiece adapter and you will have T-threads at the bottom. If you use something like an MPCC, yoe do not need a seperate T-adapter as the coma corrector has T-threads at the end with a flange only 3mm thick that drops into the 2" eyepiece adapter. The flange can be removed to allow the MPCC to drop farther into the focuser.Answer by: Chris (Admin) on Apr 23, 2014 7:13:28 AM
- Support / Downloads