The Vixen VMC110L, is a 110 mm (4.33 inch) aperture modified Cassegrain f/9.4 optical tube assembly . The VMC110L includes a built in flip mirror. With no corrector plate, the VMC110L features a small corrector lens ahead of the secondary mirror. This compact optical tube, with features found on higher end telescopes, is a great grab and go scope.
Vixen VMC110L Modified Cassegrain Telescope
You'll find the Vixen VMC110L intriguing in its own right, with interesting features including a curved vane secondary mirror spider to reduce diffraction effects, and a correcting meniscus lens just ahead of the secondary mirror, just like its larger cousins, the VMC200L and VMC260L. One sharp scope at one sharp price!
Vixen VMC110L Modified Cassegrain Telescope Features
- Unique VMC optical system having a meniscus in front of a secondary mirror.
- Curved secondary mirror braces help to cut down diffraction.
- Built-in flip mirror allows installation of two different power eyepieces or for astrophotography.
- Compact optical tube design is only 14 inches long and lightweight portability at less than 5 lbs.
- Full 110mm aperture with a 1035mm focal length and f/9.4 focal ratio.
- Able to reach a limiting magnitude of 12.0 with a resolving factor of 1.05 arc seconds.
- Additional Information
SKU VX-26052 Manufacturer Vixen Telescope Series Vixen VMC Optical Design Modified Cassegrain Mount Type None - Optical Tube Only Warranty 5 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 4.33" Telescope Focal Length 1035mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/9.4 Highest Useful Magnification 184x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 12 Optical Coatings Fully Multi-Coated Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Optical Tube Outer Diameter 119mm Length of Optical Tube 14.5” Optical Tube Weight 4.6 lbs. Tube Color or Finish Gloss White Eyepiece(s) Included 25mm Plossl Finder Included Red Dot Finder Alignment Procedure N/A Objects in Database N/A Power Adapter Included None - Does Not Require Power Counterweights Included N/A Mount Weight N/A Tripod Type Included None, Sold Separately Total Telescope Weight N/A
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
I bought the VMC110L to image mars and it performs nicely but in 3 weeks the flip mirror broke,I have return it for another and the flip mirror feels better than the original The scope is lightweight and I have had no problems with collimation.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- VMC110L OTA
- Built-in Dew Shield & Flip Mirror
- Red Dot Finder
- 25mm 1.25" Plossl Eyepiece
- Universal Dovetail Plate
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsQuestion by: paul78 on Jul 3, 2014 1:49:55 PM
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts