Meade 10" F/8 ACF Optical Tube Assembly
Meade Advanced Coma Free Optics (ACF) Optical Design
The science behind the Meade f/8 optical tube starts with their patented ACF optics. Improving upon the original Schmidt Cassegrain design, Meade's ACF optics deliver the ultimate in clarity, contrast and flat field of view. Natural coma and optical abberations are eliminated allowing for pin point round stars to the edge of the field. These qualities make Meade ACF optical tubes excellent imaging instruments. However, by pairing this revolution in optical design with their Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC), light transmission and detail are greatly increased allowing you visually discern fainter objects than ever before - an observer's dream! This OTA is built for speed too. Traditional Schmidt Cassegrains would typically have a field stop of f/10, at only f/8 your exposure times are exponentially decreased allowing you to get more imaging in each night.
- ACF (Advanced Coma Free) Optics for maximum sharpness and clarity.
- UHTC (Ultra High Transmission Coatings) for 20% more contrast and brightness when compared to Meade's original optical coatings.
- 7:1 precision focuser with zero-image shift.
- Losmandy style dovetail for fast and easy attachment to your choice of mount.
- Includes Vixen style, top mounted accesssory dovetail to readily accept a wide variety of accessories including guide scopes and cameras.
- Additional Information
SKU ME-1008-80-01 UPC Code 709942998016 Manufacturer Meade Telescope Series Meade Optical Tubes Optical Design Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type None - Optical Tube Only Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 10" Telescope Focal Ratio F/8 Telescope Focal Length 2032mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude Info Not Provided By Manufacturer Highest Useful Magnification Info Not Provided By Manufacturer Optical Coatings Meade UHTC Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately
- Questions & Answers
- Support / Downloads