Meade 10" f/10 LX200-ACF Advanced Coma-Free Telescope Features
- f/10 Advanced Coma-Free Optics: Building from a classic RC design, Meade has created a new design with the same coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field that discerning astrophotographers and most professional observatories have come to expect from classic Ritchey-Chrétien optics. Meade's Advanced Coma-Free system also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffractions spikes found in classical RCs. The LX200-ACF is the perfect platform for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast.
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Primary Mirror Lock locks the mirror in place during long-exposure astrophotography.
- Oversize Primary Mirror diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the 8" LX200-ACF is actually 8.25"). This additional 1/4" yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
- Coma Killer - What is coma? It's not some sort of astronomical state of unconsciousness. It's an optical aberration. Precisely defined, coma is a distortion in which the image of a star cannot be focused to a point, but takes on the shape of a comet.
- AutoAlign - Telescopes with Meade's AutoAlign come pre-aligned. They are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two fail-proof alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
Why choose the Meade LX200-ACF? Because coma isn't some sort of astronomical state of unconsciousness. It’s an optical aberration. Precisely defined, coma is a distortion in which the image of a star cannot be focused to a point, but takes on the shape of a comet. Worst yet, the majority of telescope optical systems, including the popular Schmidt-Cassegrain, have it to one degree or another. Once, you would have had to spend tens of thousands of dollars for an aplanatic optical system (a fancy term for coma-free). Now that Meade has made this Advanced Coma-Free optical system, this level of performance is affordable to the amateur.
The Meade LX200-ACF™ telescope brings advanced Coma Free optics within reach of aspiring astronomers everywhere. The Meade LX200-ACF combines a revolutionary new optical system with the field-proven mechanical features of the original Meade LX200 - the most widely used research-grade telescope in astronomy today. Dr. Clay Sherrod says: “I personally know over 100 amateur astronomers using LX200's out-of-the-box (new ones and old ones) to provide research data to professionals around the world. One friend of mine used his 14" LX200 to discover binary asteroids using light curves. It’s remarkable stuff that only the pros could do before.”
Meade Product Number: 1010-60-03
Customer Note: Images may show the #1209 Microfocuser, which is no longer standard with the LX200-ACF telescope.
- Additional Information
SKU ME-1010-60-01 UPC Code 709942998061 Manufacturer Meade Telescope Series Meade Optical Tubes Optical Design Modified Cassegrain Mount Type None - Optical Tube Only Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 10" Telescope Focal Ratio F/10 Telescope Focal Length 2500mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.5 Highest Useful Magnification 600x Optical Coatings Meade UHTC Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? No - Sold Separately Tube Color or Finish Meade Crackle Blue Matte OTA Mount Type Dual Fork Arms Finder Included None CD ROMs Included None Tripod Type Included None, Sold Separately Counterweights Included SEE CODE 27*** SEE CODE 27***
- Questions & Answers
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts