It's the scope that started it at all, an 8" SCT attached to an Alt-Azimuth mount. In celebration of their 50th anniversary, Celestron has released a carbon fiber version of their ever-popular 8" CPC SCT Telescope.
The Celestron 50th Anniversary CPC 800
The CPC 800 GPS XLT from Celestron is one of the most portable, high-quality fork mounted astronomy telescopes. It includes Celestron StarBright XLT premium coatings for optimized optical performace. Perfectly suited for visual use, the CPC 800 can also be used as a serious astrophotography lens with the addition of a wedge. Point the Celestron CPC toward the planets and see incredible details of Jupiter, the Cassini Division in the rings of Saturn or the details of the Martian surface. Even distant planets are within reach of this telescope
Total weight of the Celestron CPC 800 is only 42 lbs. with the fork arms and base included in that figure and with the attached carrying handles, this scope is easily carried and set up. The portability make it a perfect choice for use in your backyard or to travel with you to your favorite observing site. Featuring meticulously matched and hand-figured optical systems, all CPC models are diffraction limited.
The CPC's internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites, pinpointing your exact location. No need to manually enter the time, date, longitute and latitude. Once the CPC has established your position, aligning your telescope is easy as 1-2-3! Using the CPC hand controller to manually slew to three bright celestial objects. There's no need to know the names of those stars or for any one of them to be the pole star. Any bright objects within view will do, including the moon! Celestron's Nexstar software will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon thereby familarizing itself with it's exact pointing position. Once the alignment procedure is completed, the easy to use hand control gives you access to a datebase of 40,000 objects.
The 50th Anniversary Edition sports a carbon fiber optical tube assembly which is highly temperature stable minimizing the need for focus adjustments with temperature changes.
Celestron - CPC 800 XLT GPS Telescope Features
- The Celestron CPC800 telescope is an 8" diffraction-limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings on a fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology includes 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch.
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process and 9X50 optical finderscope is also included.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location and included star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- Permanent PEC and convenient remote hand control holder that allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with rs-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
- Additional Information
SKU CE-11073-XLT-2 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron CPC Optical Design Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type Alt-Azimuth - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 8" Telescope Focal Ratio f/10 Telescope Focal Length 2032mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14 Highest Useful Magnification 480x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Carbon Fiber Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not Provided By Manufacturer Length of Optical Tube Not Provided By Manufacturer Focuser Style Crayford Manual or Electronic Focusing? Manual Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included 8 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 6mm, 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 32mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter GPS Included? Yes CD ROMs Included NexRemote Counterweights Included N/A Alignment Procedure 3-Star Alignment Tracking Modes Alt-Azimuth Objects in Database 40,000 OTA Mount Type Dual Fork Arms Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs Total Telescope Weight 42 lbs. without tripod
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Excellent limited-edition scope!
This telescope is wonderful! Its ease of use and excellent tracking make it a joy to use. I received my Celestron CPC 800 50th Anniversary Edition just last month, and was finally able to use it just a few days ago, due to a run of bad weather. First, the OTA/forkarm/base unit is very easy to maneuver, the handles ergonomically designed, and it's easy to attach to the top of the tripod. And, it's not back-breakingly heavy, either! The tube is a beautiful carbon fiber, rather than the metal tube you get with the usual model. Carbon fiber is more stable and tends to "breath" with the outside temperature better than the traditional metal tube. And it looks so cool! The field tripod is extremely stable, and the heavy-duty eyepiece/spreader bar is provides a nice place to store accessories that you may have, besides eyepieces; I can lay my smartphone on it safely, for example. The NexStar hand control makes the initial alignment procedure simple and quick. Having a built-in GPS unit makes the process even quicker, since you don't have to input any information. It takes less than a minute for the scope to acquire a GPS lock, and the alignment procedure takes about the same time. You're up and running and ready to slew to your first object right away. (I prefer the "Auto Two-Star Align" alignment method, being familiar with star names. For those just starting out, the "Sky Align" method is so easy. You choose three bright objects to align the scope with, and you don't have to know their names--one of the "stars" can even be a planet, and you can also use the moon as an "alignment star" with Sky Align!) The scope places the target within the central regions of a low-power eyepiece virtually every time, and tracking of the object automatically begins. The tracking is very accurate and smooth. The 50th Anniversary Edition comes with an eyepiece and color filter set, all in a very nice aluminum case. So, if you don't have any eyepieces, you'll automatically get a set when you purchase this scope. The scope is also quite a crowd pleaser, since I've used it at a public viewing event. Everyone was impressed with its operation and the views we had of Saturn and the moon. If you're considering a computerized, GPS-enabled scope, this one is a dream! For the same price as the standard CPC 800, get the limited edition version and get a complete set of eyepieces for free! And, you'll have a nice commemorative instrument celebrating Celestron, the telescope company to first offer a commercial Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope, like the CPC 800 50th Anniversary Edition. Get one!
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- Celestron 8" f/10 CPC Telescope Assembly with XLT
- Heavy Duty Tripod with Accessory Tray
- NexStar Hand Controller
- 1.25" 40mm Eyepiece
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 9x50 Finderscope and Quick Release Bracket
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software
- RS-232 Cable
- 1.25" Visual Back
- Car Battery Adapter
- Instruction Manual
- Accessory Kit: 6mm, 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 32mm 1.25" Plossl Eyepieces, 2x 1.25" Barlow Lens, (6) 1.25" Colored Filters, 1.25" Moon Filter and Aluminum Case.
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
You may also be interested in the following product(s)