Celestron C11-A XLT Optical Tube Assembly
Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assemblies (OTA) are available individually to be used with your favorite mount. Each OTA is made to the same exacting standards as those used on all their high quality telescopes. All optical surfaces are coated with StarBright XLT coatings. These tube assemblies are equipped with the same dovetail mounting bar as used on the C-5 series for easy attachment to a variety of popular mounts.
Weighing only 27.5 lbs., this telescope is still portable enough to be taken to dark skies, but it has 89% more light gathering power than an 8” telescope. Using an f/6.3 Focal Reducer makes it usable with a wide variety of CCD cameras. As a visual instrument you can search for all of the Messier Catalog, NGC, IC and Caldwell objects. Turn this scope to the planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini’s Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach.
Celestron C11-A XLT Optical Tube Assembly Features...
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2800 mm focal length (f/10)
- 40 mm eyepiece included (70x)
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CG-5 Advanced Series mount
This optical tube assembly comes with a dovetail and will attach to mounts such as the Celestron CG-5, CG-5GT. This OTA comes with a Vixen style dovetail bar which measures 1.75" in width. If your saddle plate is larger than this [Losmandy style] you will need a Losmandy style [4 inches on top 3 inches on bottom] dovetail plate.
If you are unsure, please give us a call before you buy. Thanks!
Celestron Product Number: 91067-XLT