Officina Stellare 400 RiLA Astrograph
with Low Expansion Optics and Aluminum/Carbon Truss
Officina Stellare is one of today's leaders in the production of high quality astronomy equipment for the discerning professional or advanced amateur. Their products can be found in observatories around the world, and their high speed tracking lens systems are a relied upon component in the industries of aerospace and defense.
One of the reasons Officina Stellare is so popular today is because they listen to their customers. In fact, the RiLA series of astrographs was created because customers asked for a fast telescope with a very wide, corrected field of view. They wanted something that didn't weigh a ton, but that would accept all of the imagers, rotators, focusers, guiders, and other equipment that makes up the imaging train used by today's astronomer.
Once Officina Stellare decided they would make this dream telescope a reality, they put Italian optical designer, Massimo Riccardi, on the job. Riccardi wanted to create a telescope that had the following characteristics:
- It had to be a fast system.
- The design needed to be compact and lightweight for its aperture.
- It would have the least number of surfaces possible while still producing a large corrected field.
- The secondary obstruction would be as small as possible.
These features were made a reality and then some with the creation of the Officina Stellare RiLA (Riccardi Large Astrograph) Series. The design, which is a modification of the Harmer-Wynne, has an aspherical primary and a spherical secondary. A special corrector is placed just before focus. The RiLA is corrected in the visible near IR range, with more than 80% of its energy focused in a 4-6 micron RMS spot.
The Officina Stellare 400 RILA Astrograph has an aperture of 15.75" and a focal ratio of f/5.2. The low expansion optics are housed in an aluminum-carbon fiber truss tube, and there are Losmandy style dovetails mounted on the truss for mounting versatility. Three ventilation fans are part of the design, which helps the telescope reach ambient temperature as quickly as possible. The mirrors can be heated to keep dew at bay, and depending on the package or accessories you choose, most everything can be electronically controlled via the TC-1.
Officina Stellare 400mm f/5.2 RiLA Highlights…
- Aperture: 400mm (15.75")
- Glass: Low expansion borosilicate
- Focal Ratio: f/5.2
- Focal Length: 2080mm
- Fully Corrected & Illuminated Field: 105 mm
- Full Field: 2.8°
- RMS Spot Size @ 26 mm Off-Axis: 4.8 micron
- RMS Spot Size @ 52 mm Off-Axis: 6.8 micron
- Back Focus: 280 mm
- Obstruction: 52%
- OTA: Low Expansion Carbon/Aluminum Truss for thermal stability and light weight.
- Easy Alignment: Specially designed mirror cells and spherical secondary are easy to align.
- Small Spot Size: For wide field, high resolution images.
This RiLA Package Includes…
- 15.75" Astrograph with Low Expansion Optics in an Aluminum-Carbon Truss Design
- 72mm FineFocuser
- Two Losmandy-Style Dovetails
- Three Ventilation Fans
- Mirror Heating
- Manual Control on Both Mirrors
- Manual Movement of Secondary Mirror
- Black Fabric Shroud
- Additional Information
SKU OF-RILA400SGA Manufacturer Officina Stellare Telescope Series Officina Stellare RILA Optical Design Astrograph Mount Type None - Optical Tube Only Warranty 1 Year Warranty Glass Type Low Expansion Borosilicate Glass Telescope Aperture 15.75" Telescope Focal Ratio f/5.2 Telescope Focal Length 2080mm Tube Material Aluminum and Carbon Tube Color or Finish Carbon Fiber Finder Included None Focuser Size 72mm (2.83") Manual or Electronic Focusing? Manual
- Included Items
- Officina Stellare 15.75" f/5.2 Astrograph with Low Expansion Optics and a Carbon/Aluminum Truss
- 72mm FineFocuser
- Four Losmandy-Style Dovetails
- Black Fabric Shroud
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsWhat is the weight of this OTA? Looked all over the specs/info and description but can't find it.
- Support / Downloads