Vixen Polarie Star Tracker
We are proud to introduce The Vixen Polarie Star Tracker for Astrophotography. This compact mount platform allows you to capture night scapes and star images with ease.
Set up is simple. The Polarie attaches to a standard camera tripod and can accept any digital camera weighing up to 4.4 lbs. Using the included compass on the Polarie, orient the mount to face north. The Polarie features a North Star alignment window that you point at Polaris. The Polarie can also use a polar scope for alignment. Once set, the Polarie tracks with the motion of the stars to eliminate “star trailing” on your images resulting in sharp images of the Universe. The Polarie uses very accurate stepping motors and operates on 2 “AA” batteries.
Polarie is designed to not only be functional, but also to be compact and attractive. The Polarie has a smooth, good looking design. The unit has no visible screws and although, not waterproof, it is designed to function in most weather conditions.
Vixen Polarie Features...
- Tracking Mode - Celestial tracking rate: 1/2 of celestial tracking rate. Solar tracking rate (Mean solar time) Lunar tracking rate (Mean lunar time):Usable in both northern and southern hemispheres.
- Wheel Gear - 57.6mm diameter aluminum alloy axis with full-circle 144-tooth.
- Worm gear - 9mm diameter high tension brass.
- Bearings - 2 pieces.
- Drive - Pulse Motor (Stepper Motor).
- Maximum Loading weight - 3.4lbs.
- Polar sight hole - About 8.9° field of view.
- Standard accessory - Compass.
- Working voltage - 2 x AA-size batteries:DC2.4~3.0V.
- External power supply:DC4.4~5.25V.
- Electricity consumption - DC.V. A (At a loading weight of 1.5kg – 3.3 lbs).
- Duration of operation - About 4hours:At 20 C (68 F) degrees temperature, a 1.5kg (3.3 lbs) loading weight with use of Alkaline batteries.
- Dimensions - 95×137×58mm (3.7x5.9x2.3 inches).
- Weight - 1.4 lbs (without batteries).
- Optional accessory- A dedicated polar axis scope for Polarie
Velbon QHD-33 Ball Head for Vixen Polarie Star Tracker
Attach the Vixen Polarie Star Tracker to a sturdy photographic tripod with this heavy-duty all aluminum ball head by Velbon. The Polarie simply screws onto the threaded bolt, and the ball head attaches to most photographic tripods in the same manner. Loosen the locking mechanism to position your Polarie however you like, and then lock it into place. Changes to alignment can be made quickly and simply, without adding extra weight to your system.
Since this ball head is made to accept any equipment that has a 1/4-20 threaded hole in its base, it is very flexible. When you're not imaging with your Vixen Polarie, you can attach a pair of binoculars to the ball head via a tripod adapter, or you can attach your DSLR or small refractor to the head for a fast, easy grab and go solution.
Smart Phone Adapter
This Smart Phone Adapter attaches to the Velbon QHD-33 Ball Head for Vixen Polarie Star Tracker to be used for most smart phones.
Manufacturer Product Number: 35505P2
- Additional Information
SKU VX-35505P2 Head Design Tracker Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? No Electronics Included None/ Manual Manufacturer Vixen # of Counterweights Included 0 Objects in Database N/A Saddle Width Universal - Will adapt to most plates Weight Capacity 4.4 lbs. Leg Length N/A Material N/A Power Supply Included None - Requires AA Batteries Latitude Range N/A Weight of Tripod/Monopod N/A Weight of Head 1.4 lbs.
- Included Items
- Vixen Polarie Star Tracker
- Velbon QHD-33 Ball Head
- Smart Phone Adapter
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads