Manfrotto 322RC2 Heavy Duty Grip Ball Head
Take the versatility of a ball head, add true ergonomic control and you get the Manfrotto 322RC2: a photographic head that allows you to unlock, move, position and lock your camera with one hand in one position. The revolutionary design of the 322RC2 grip handle incorporates a ball lock lever and can also mount the 322RS shutter release accessory. A friction control wheel lets you regulate the power of the locking mechanism to match the weight of your camera/lens.
The Manfrotto 322RC2 Heavy-Duty Grip Ball Head is made from magnesium for lightweight performance, and is designed to keep the weight of your camera as close as possible to the tripod’s center of gravity by way of its reduced height. It is this fact, matched with the precision construction of the 322RC2, that gives the head its load capacity of 5kg. The 322RC2 comes complete with built-in bubble spirit level and quick release camera plate (standard 1/4” screw, with secondary safety pin), and is suitable for use with 35mm or medium format cameras.
Manfrotto 322RC2 Ball Head Features...
- The built-in, carefully hand-set bubble spirit level helps make sure your horizons really are horizontal.
- Sturdy all-metal construction.
- A convenient single locking mechanism blocks or frees movement on all axes for greater speed of use.
- Ergonomic and easy to use.
- Separate control for pre-setting the friction of the ball when unblocked. The position of the red line indicates the approximate amount of friction applied.
- This head features a secondary security lock so you can't accidentally release the plate (and camera) without meaning to. The lock stops the quick release lever from opening fully.
- Thanks to the repositionable camera plate, this can be used right- or left-handed. Photographers are normally forced to be right-handed by the position of the shutter release button, but the advantage of this system even to right-handed users is that you can keep one hand on the grip to control framing position and switch rapidly between portrait and landscape settings, while the other hand stays on the camera, ready to shoot even with the head in movement. Keeping both hands positioned like this gives you greater control over panning or tracking shots.
- By keeping the head and camera mounting plate as low as possible, the camera is kept safely closer to the tripod's centre of gravity for more stable support.
- The compact, rectangular 200PL quick release plate system fits neatly under small-bodied still cameras up to SLR (even with tele lenses) or small medium format, or under small video cameras or spotting scopes. Its rubber pad gives a good grip without damaging the camera, and its angled sides ensure that it also fits perfectly and tightly into a wide range of Manfrotto heads.
Manfrotto Product Number: 322RC2