Parallax Instruments 20" Portable Pier
These are the exact same portable piers that are supplied with Parallax Instruments heavy duty HD series German equatorial mounts. Maximum height is 20".
Parallax Instruments 20" Portable Pier Features
- 10" OD x .090" wall thickness aluminum - reinforced at the bottom for strength, yet light in weight.
- Set of (3) heavy duty, cast aluminum pier legs that each wrap around the pier a full 60 degrees.
- Legs scribe a diameter of about 43".
- 6" long stainless steel leveling studs with locks.
- Zinc chromate plated swivel type leveling feet with rubber pads for more rapid vibration dampening
- 10" dia. flat pier cap on top as standard equipment (Other adapters available for various mounts - please inquire).
- All stainless steel hardware for corrosion resistance
- Easy no-tool disassembly for transport and set up
- Durable, dark gray metalflake finish
- Pier can be made to any height required
Parallax Instruments Product Number: PIER20
Customer Note: There is an approximate 2-3 month lead time and orders require a 50% deposit - price does not include shipping charges. Once your order is placed, OPT will contact you with availability dates and shipping charges.
- Additional Information
SKU PA-PIER20 Manufacturer Parallax Type Pier Pier Type Portable Warranty Not Supplied By Manufacturer Pier Height 20" Hand Controller Included None - None Available # of Counterweights Included 0 Pier Diameter 10"
- Included Items
- Parallax Instruments 20" Portable Pier
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- 3 Heavy Duty Cast Aluminum Pier Legs
- Stainless Steel Leveling Stus
- Leveling Feet w/Rubber Pads
- Flat Pier Cap
- Questions & Answers
Product Questions1. What is the weight capacity of this pier? 2. Will it accept a Losmandy G11 mount? 3. Actually. I need a pier about 28-30 inches in height. Is one like that available or do you only make 20" and 48" piers?Question by: SteveG on Mar 22, 2014 2:07:42 PMAccording to Parallax, the weight capacity of this pier is 300-400 lbs, with the taller piers holding correspondingly less weight. An LO-MA adapter could be added http://www.optcorp.com/losmandy-gm-8-g-11-mount-to-meade-field-tripod-adapter.html, but this will add 4" in height and might need holes tapped in the LO-MA to line up to the moles on top of the pier. Piers can be made any 1" height between about 12" and 72", so a 28-30" pier (or 24-26" pier with LO-MA on top) could be made. Please contact us for pricing.Answer by: Chris (Admin) on Mar 24, 2014 7:41:16 AM
- Support / Downloads