Software Bisque Paramount MyT
The brilliant team at Software Bisque has managed to pack the same brains and perfection in engineering into an ultra compact version of their Paramount: The MyT! For the serious astrophotographer or observing astronomer on the go, the Bisque Paramount Mighty EQ Mount is a feather weight compared to its predecesors. Weighing in at a modest 34 pounds, the MyT can easily carry 50 pounds in equipment, while maintaining the accuracy and tracking precision to be expected from a Software Bisque mount.
Bisque Paramount MyT EQ Mount Features
- Weighs a very portable 34 pounds for the mount head.
- Impressive 50 pound weight capacity not including counterweights. With counterweights the total load capacity increases to 100 pounds (cw weight included in total).
- As fast, accurate, and stable as it's cousins the ME II and MX+, the MyT includes 11cm (4.3 in.) right acension and declination bearings, 6 degree per second maximum slew speeds and high-torque precision brushless DC servo motors.
- All aluminum precision machined body with signature red anodized finish.
- MKS 5000 motor control system.
- Research-grade brass RA gears with 7 arcseconds or less peak-to-peak periodic error - before PEC (Periodic Error Correction) has been applied by the onboard computer.
- Plenty of room for additional accessories and simple but effective cable management. Includes integrated guider port, two USB ports, a 5V 1A max power supply port, one 12V 1A max power supply port, pulse focuser port, and a generic through the mount power supply cabling port.
- Includes an integrated wedge for a latitude range of 0 - 64 degrees.
- Additional polar axis adjustment extends the effecitve range by plus or minus 7 degrees.
Refined engineering and years of mount development have led to several additional mount features for the Paramount MyT EQ. Through the mount cable management helps keep your set up organized and tangle free. A rotating mount base allows for AZ adjustments to be made without affecting the mount's altitude. Red lights provide a soft glow under the mount to allow for ease of adjustment at any moment. This light can be turned off as well as your viewing or imaging session gets underway. Clutch-free worm block design maintains the mount's physical orientation to increase mount pointing and tracking accuracy while a mechanical switch on each axis will disengage the worm from the the gear while still balancing the payload.
Software plays a major roll in the funcationality of your mount set up and Software Bisque has you covered with a full suite of mount and camera control software. Included with your MyT mount are the TheSkyX Professional Edition; a full featured planetarium style software that offers a beautiful interface for mount control. Camera Add On software allows for camera, focuser, filter wheel and SBIG adaptive optics control. TPoint software with SuperModel and ProTrack provides professional level telescope pointing correction. All softwares included are multi-licence allowing for installation on up to 6 machines, and can be installed on either Mac or Windows operating systems.
- Additional Information
SKU SO-MYT Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? No Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer Software Bisque Warranty 1 Year Warranty # of Counterweights Included 1 Weight of Counterweights 20lb. Tracking Rates Lunar, Sidereal, Solar Mount Special Features Deck Illumination, Integrated Bubble Level Saddle Width D Series Weight Capacity 50lbs. Leg Length N/A Material N/A Power Supply Included AC Wall Adapter Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Weight of Head 34 lbs.
- Included Items
- Paramount MyT Mount Head
- Hand Controller w/ Integrated Joystick
- Stainless Steel 20lb. Counterweight
- Stainless Steel Counterweight Shaft
- 80W Power Supply
- 15ft. USB Cable
- Bubble Level
- Hex Wrench Set
- TheSkyX Professional Edition Software for Mac/Windows
- The Camera Software Add-on for Mac/Windows
- TPoint Software Add-on for Mac/Windows
- **All software is multi-license and can be installed on up to 6 computers**
- Printed User Manual
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsQuestion by: don curry on Mar 26, 2015 10:49:00 AMThe MyT, like the larger MX+ and MEII mounts, use 48v native rather than 12v. The mount includes a 48v to 110v/220v AC adapter, but in order to use the mount with a battery you would need to buy the EGO battery adapter for $99 and use the 56v EGO batteries which can be picked up at many home improvement stores.Answer by: Chris Hendren on Mar 30, 2015 5:17:00 PMNo GPS is included! Is there an optional plugin available or must the location coordinates be entered into the SKYX software via keyboard? This would require a computer at the home and/or remote sites. Correct?Question by: wa7jqe on Oct 21, 2014 2:00:14 PMGPS is not included with the MyT or either of the larger Bisque mounts. It is not necessary as the mount gets the coordinates that you enter in TheSkyX and the time and date from the laptop. You will need a computer to operate the mount as it comes with a full observatory suite's worth of software that is required to handle mount modelling and GoTo pointing.Answer by: Chris (Admin) on Oct 22, 2014 5:12:58 AMQuestion by: Al Piecka on Jan 24, 2016 3:27:00 PMThe required plate would need to be made to order by Pier Tech for the MyT mount. Please contact us with information as to whether you have a Pier-Tech 1, 2, or 3 pier and what year it was purchased (the top plate designs were changed ~2010), and we can get you a quote for the new top plate.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Jan 26, 2016 2:51:00 PM
- Support / Downloads