Parallax offers 4 models of equatorial mounts. The standard HD150, our fully computerized HD150C and HD200C, and the heavy duty observatory HD300C. Custom mounts up to 4" diameter shafts can be manufactured as special order.
Parallax Instruments HD150 Standard German Equatorial Mount w/Digital Drive - Observatory Model
All mounts utilize stainless steel shafts and hardware for maximum corrosion resistance. All other components are machined of either high quality aluminum castings or solid bar. Parallax Instruments 10" diameter heavy wall aluminum pier is unmatched in strength with pier legs that wrap around the pier a full 60 degrees of the pier's circumference.
Parallax Instruments HD150 Standard German Equatorial Mount - Observatory Model Features
- 2" dia. stainless steel shafts in RA and DEC
- Precision Timken tapered roller bearings for strength and smooth motions
- Easily adjustable clutch tension knobs.
- Detachable stainless steel Declination counterweight shaft with safety stop
- (1) 33 lb. machined counterweight with brass pin
- 9" dia. 360 tooth precision Byers "Starmaster" worm gears in RA and DEC with mating s.s. worms (larger gears are available depending on load)
- Worm gear protective shields
- Fully adjustable worm to worm wheel mesh mechanism
- Machined aluminum saddle plate
- DC stepper motors for smooth tracking and minimum current consumption
- Losmandy dual axis digital electronics package with full featured, hand held drive controller and control panel. (4) selectable tracking rates : sidereal, king, lunar, and solar, (3) slewing rates of 4X, 8X, and 16X, and (3) photo guide rates of 30%, 50%, and 2X. Advanced PEC (periodic error correction) is also standard.
- Reversible RA drive permits operation in either hemisphere.
- Laser etched setting circles, direct reading indexed to the motion of the RA gear.
- Bubble level and micrometric latitude and azimuth adjust devices.
- Optional rock solid, reinforced 10" dia. aluminum pier with massive pier legs and swivel type levelers (observatory permanent piers also optionally available).
- Beautiful, durable, dark metallic gray, acrylic enamel finish. Gloss black or gloss white available optionally.
- Mount breaks down in seconds into (2) sub-assemblies.
- Recommended Maximum payload of approximately 150 lbs.
Customer Note: There is an approximate 2-3 month lead time and orders require a 50% deposit - price does not include shipping charges. Once your order is placed, OPT will contact you with availability dates and shipping charges.
- Additional Information
SKU PA-HD150-O Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? No Electronics Included Digital - Setting Circles Manufacturer Parallax Warranty Not Supplied By Manufacturer Hand Controller Included Motor Hand Control - Computer Control Thru Incl. Software # of Counterweights Included 1 Weight of Counterweights 33 lbs. Tracking Rates Lunar, Sidereal, Solar Objects in Database N/A Mount Special Features Integrated Bubble Level, Integrated Polar Finder Saddle Width Universal - Will adapt to most plates Weight Capacity 150 lbs. Leg Length N/A Material Steel Power Supply Included None - Requires Optional AC or DC Adapter Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Latitude Range Not supplied by manufacturer Weight of Tripod/Monopod N/A Weight of Head Not supplied by manufacturer
- Included Items
- Parallax Instruments HD150 Standard German Equatorial Mount - Observatory Model
- Losmandy Dual Axis Digital Drive Unit
- Handheld Drive Controller
- Control Panel
- Detachable Stainless Steel Declination Counterweight
- Bubble Level
- Laser Etched Setting Circles
- DC Stepper Motors
- Machined Aluminum Saddle Plate
- Clutch Tension Knobs
- Timken Roller Bearings
- 33 lb. Machined Counterweight
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts