iOptron CEM60 Equatorial Mount w/ High-End Encoders
iOptron continues to improve their equatorial mounts and the CEM60 is no exception to this rule. Capable of carrying a payload of 60 pounds the CEM 60 is also comparatively lightweight at only 27 pounds for the mount head. By balancing the payload over the center of gravity, iOptron has created an equatorial mount that has one of the best weight to payload ratios. In addition to it's trim weight, other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod or pier. Plus polar aligning is quick and always accessible because the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
The iOptron CEM60 EQ is equipped with GOTONOVA® GOTO advanced technology, and is one of the most robust and precise GOTO mounts on the market. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is exceptionally user friendly to use and holds a database of over 300,000 objects.
The CEM60-EC version has a high resolution encoder on the RA axis to perform real-time error correction. iOptron technicians state that unguided error is .5 arc sec, which does not take into account the effects of atmospheric turbulence which may increase or decrease the amount of error. While the EC version is not an “absolute” encoder, meaning that it won’t remember its position if the RA clutch is disengaged or if the mount is rotated manually, the CEM60 firmware does have the capability to recover the mount’s position in the unlikely event that power is accidently shut down.
The CEM60-EC Version should bear strong consideration for those who wish to have the very best tracking performance available in the CEM60 mount, particularly for imaging with long focal length instruments
iOptron CEM60 Equatorial Mount Features
- Center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for minimal mount weight but maximum payload capacity.
- RMS PE is less than 0.5 arc sec
- Ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotographers.
- Patent pending non-contact magnetically loaded gear system.
- Payload capacity of 60 lb. (27.2 kg) with a mount-only weight of 27 lb. (12.3 kg).
- Gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes for easy balancing when disengaged.
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation.
- Screw/worm type latitude adjuster for precision adjustments.
- Milling machine tooling vise type latitude bearing and locks system for rock solid positioning.
- User side azimuth fine adjusters for easy azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.06 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking.
- iOptron AccuAligning™ calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment.
- Polar alignment routine for those who can't see the Pole Star.
- Go2Nova® 8407 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater.
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC).
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port.
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Built-in or customized cable management system.
- Spring loaded Vixen/Losmandy dual saddle. iOptron Product Number: 7201
- Additional Information
SKU IO-7201 Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? Yes Electronics Included Motorized - Single Drive Manufacturer iOptron Warranty 2 Year Warranty Hand Controller Included iOptron GoTo Nova # of Counterweights Included 1 Weight of Counterweights 20 lb. Objects in Database 300,000 Mount Special Features Integrated Polar Finder Saddle Width Dual V & D Weight Capacity 60 lb. Power Supply Included None - Requires 12V Battery Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Latitude Range 0º ~ 70º Weight of Head 27 lb.
- Included Items
- iOptron CEM60 Equatorial Mount w/High-End Encoders
- Go2Nova® 8407 Controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with Built-In Heater
- AC Adapter
- 20 lb. Counterweight
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsDoes this mount is really stocked? CEM 60 is unavailable thus I assume the encodered version is not yet released as well.Question by: Daro on May 18, 2014 8:27:46 AMQuestion by: JoeM on Jul 27, 2015 9:18:00 AMUnfortunately, the IOptron mounts are not compatible with the Losmandy G11 tripod, at least not without creation of an interface-plate. That is a fantastic tripod, though. It may be worth working with a machinist to have an adapter custom made.Answer by: Eric Blackhurst (Admin) on Jul 28, 2015 5:27:00 PMWhat is RMS PE ? PE means periodic error, but I don't know what RMS means.How does a RMS PE of 0.5" compare to absolute PE ?Question by: George Roberts on Aug 2, 2014 1:16:28 PM
- Support / Downloads