iOptron iEQ45 Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount
The iOptron iEQ45 equatorial mount is the perfect instrument for beginning astrophotographers as well as visual amateur astronomers who would like a lightweight yet sturdy mount for their small to medium-sized telescope. With a weight capacity of 45 pounds, the iEQ45 Pro can handle a wide variety of refractor or Cassegrain-style telescopes with weight to spare, and with an actual weight of only 25 lb., it will be easy to set up, break down, and transport to your favorite observing location.
iEQ45 Equals Sophisticated Electronics
The electronics included with the iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount are those normally found on much more pricy models, including built-in 32 channel GPS, permanent periodic error correction (PEC), and an ST-4 autoguiding port that is capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection. Several tracking rates are available on the iEQ45 Pro, including Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King (which compensates for the effect of refraction) & User. The User tracking rate can be set as required for your applications. The User Rate can be adjusted from 0.9900X to 1.0100X of sidereal speed.
GoTo Hand Controller with 359,000 Objects!
Control your iEQ45 Pro with the iOptron GOTONOVA hand controller with its amazingly huge 580,000 object database. The controller has an 8-line, 21 character LCD screen, and is heated so that it behaves consistently, even in cold weather…a thoughtful idea that is not commonly included on most computerized hand controllers. With this very smart controller you can slew (move) the telescope with nine different speeds. Zip across the sky at up to 5.83° per second to move from one object to another, or crawl along slowly to center the object in the field of view of your eyepiece or camera.
Includes the AccuAligning Polar Scope & Hard Case
Polar align your iEQ45 with help from the included AccuAlign dark field illumination polar scope. iOptron’s AccuAligning Polar Scope, together with its Quick Polar Alignment process and application, provides an accurate and fast polar alignment for an equatorial mount. The dark field illuminated dial makes the polar alignment simple and easy and it can be done just in minutes. This iOptron iEQ45 package comes with a hard case for the mount itself. There are also nooks and crannies for accessories. The dimensions of the iEQ45 hard case are 18.5" x 15" x 8".
iOptron iEQ45 Pro EQ Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Maximum Payload: 45 lb. or 20 kg
- Mount Weight (not including counterweights): 25 lb. or 11.4kg
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 5 - 70 degrees
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: Plus or Minus 6 degrees
- RA Worm Period: 337 seconds
- Right Ascension Worm Wheel: 256 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- Declination Worm Wheel: 228 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- RA and DEC Worm: 17mm diameter, brass
- RA Bearing: 80mm diameter
- DEC Bearing: 68mm diameter
- Right Ascension Axis Shaft: 50mm diameter, steel
- Declination Axis Shaft: 40mm diameter, steel
- Gear Meshing: Zero backlash
- Counterweight Shaft: 28mm diameter, stainless steel
- Counterweight: Two 11 lb. or 5kg counterweights
- Mount Base Diameter: 150mm diameter
- Dovetail Saddle: 6” dual Vixen/Losmandy Style
- Level Indicator: Precision Bubble
- Polar Scope: AccuAlign G2 polar scope, dark field
- Tripod: 2” stainless steel legs
- Case Included? Yes, hard case
- Drive Motor: 1:8 degree stepper motor
- Resolution: 0.09 arc seconds
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- Motor Control: Open loop
- PEC: Permanent PEC (PPEC)
- Hand Controller: GoToNova 8407+ with 580,000 objects
- Hand Controller Display: 8 line, 21 character LCD, heated
- Slew Speed: 9 speeds, 5.83 degrees per second max (1400X)
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King, User
- Meridian Treatment: Stop (0-15º pass) and auto flip
- GPS: Built-in 32 channel
- Communication Port: RS232
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Power Interruption Recover: Yes
- Power Requirement: DC 12V (11 - 15V) 2A
- Power Consumption: 0.45A tracking, and 0.75A GoTo
- Computer Control: Yes (ASCOM)
- Operation Temperature: -20º to 45º C
- Additional Information
SKU IO-8000E-HC Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? Yes GPS Included? Yes Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer iOptron Warranty 2 Year Warranty Hand Controller Included iOptron GoTo Nova # of Counterweights Included 2 Weight of Counterweights 11 lb. Tracking Rates Lunar, Sidereal, Solar Objects in Database 580,000 Mount Special Features Illuminated Polar FInder, Integrated Bubble Level Saddle Width Dual V & D Weight Capacity 45 lb. Material Steel Power Supply Included AC Wall Adapter Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Latitude Range 5 - 70 Weight of Tripod/Monopod 16.5 lb. Weight of Head 20 lb.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
well my Meade LX200 fork mount after 9 years the computer just stopped working so i started looking for an EQmount for my 12 OTA.. i got this iotprton and was amazed that it easily handles my 12 in OTA it has no problem slewing and tracking... the go to features take a little getting used to as i was so used to the mead controller and fork mount set up.. this EQ mount is something i'm not used to but part of the fun is learning something new once i got the hang of things it goes to and tracks flawlessly and i'm able to take long exposure pic's so bottom line is great price for an easy to use mount i'm happy with my purchase.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- iEQ45 Equatorial Mount
- Two 11 lb. counterweights
- 8407 Nova Go To Hand Controller
- Controller Cable
- Polar Scope
- 6" Vixen/Losmandy Dovetail Saddle
- Counterweight Shaft
- AC Adapter
- 12V Car Charger and Cable
- Hard Carry Case
- Questions & Answers
Product Questions1. What is the height of the saddle above the ground with the included tripod?
2. Is the tripod height adjustable?
3. Is the pier available as an alternative to the tripod?
4. If so, what is the pier height?Would this mount work with a C9.25 optical tube and associated equipment for imaging or would I have to step up to the 60 series mount?HI CAN YOU MOVE THE MOUNT ( RA AND DEC AXIL "MANUALLY" WITHOUT LOSEING THE GO-TO ALIGNEMENT THANK YOU
- Support / Downloads