Celestron CGEM-II Equatorial "GoTo" Mount
The Celestron CGEM-II mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. With a whole new saddle design and more ergonomic design, the improvements are just waiting for you to benefit from them.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestrom CGEM-II mount was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. These knobs have been redesigned in the CGEM-II to be easier and more comfortable to grip as well. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The Celestron CGEM-II series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM-II, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGEM-II mount will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM-II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM-II mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
Versatility- The Celestrom CGEM-II series implements a new dual saddle design that greatly expands your options for what telescopes to use in conjunction with it. It permits both Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetails on the saddle.
Features of the Celestron CGEM-II Equatorial Mount...
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Steel worm gear and 90mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS Compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
Celestron Product Number: 91523
- Additional Information
SKU CE-91523 UPC Code 050234915236 Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? Yes GPS Included? No Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer Celestron Warranty 2 Year Warranty Hand Controller Included Celestron CG Computerized # of Counterweights Included 1 Weight of Counterweights 17 lb. Tracking Rates Lunar, Sidereal, Solar Objects in Database 40,000 + Mount Special Features Spring Loaded Head Knobs Saddle Width D Series Weight Capacity 40 lbs. Leg Length Not supplied by manufacturer Accessory Tray Included? Yes Material Steel Power Supply Included DC Battery Adapter Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Latitude Range 15º - 70º Weight of Tripod/Monopod 17 lbs. Weight of Head 41 lbs.
- Included Items
- Celestron CGEM-II Mount
- Adjustable, Stainless Steel Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- Car Battery Adapter
- NexRemote Controller
- RS-232 Communication Port
- NexStar Computer Control
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PPEC)
- Servo Motors
- Questions & Answers
- Support / Downloads