iOptron iEQ45EQ/AZ Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount with 42” Pier
The iOptron iEQ45 equatorial mount is the perfect instrument for beginning astrophotographers as well as visual amateur astronomers who would like a lightweight yet sturdy mount for their small to medium-sized telescope. With a weight capacity of 45 pounds, the iEQ45 Pro can handle a wide variety of refractor or Cassegrain-style telescopes with weight to spare, and with an actual weight of only 25 lb., it will be easy to set up, break down, and transport to your favorite observing location.
Equatorial or Alt-Azimuth - It’s Your Choice!
This version of the iEQ45 includes the components needed to easily convert the iEQ45 from an equatorial to an alt-azimuth mount. The #8050 AZ Base connects to a tripod or pier (in this case, it would attach to the head of the 42” pier, which is included in this package), so you could run your scope in alt-azimuth mode one night and in equatorial the next, depending on whether you were imaging or doing some quick (or not so quick) visual work. You will also receive a secondary saddle and shaft, #8055, which allows you to ride two telescopes side by side in Alt—AZ mode.
iEQ45 Equals Sophisticated Electronics
The electronics included with the iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount are those normally found on much more pricy models, including built-in 32 channel GPS, permanent periodic error correction (PEC), and an ST-4 autoguiding port that is capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection. Several tracking rates are available on the iEQ45 Pro, including Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King (which compensates for the effect of refraction) & User. The User tracking rate can be set as required for your applications. The User Rate can be adjusted from 0.9900X to 1.0100X of sidereal speed.
GoTo Hand Controller with 580,000 Objects!
Control your iEQ45 Pro with the iOptron GOTONOVA hand controller with its amazingly huge 580,000 object database. The controller has an 8-line, 21 character LCD screen, and is heated so that it behaves consistently, even in cold weather…a thoughtful idea that is not commonly included on most computerized hand controllers. With this very smart controller you can slew (move) the telescope with nine different speeds. Zip across the sky at up to 5.83° per second to move from one object to another, or crawl along slowly to center the object in the field of view of your eyepiece or camera.
Includes a Polar Scope for Quick & Easy Alignment
Polar align your iEQ45 with help from the included AccuAlign dark field illumination polar scope. iOptron’s AccuAligning Polar Scope, together with its Quick Polar Alignment process and application, provides an accurate and fast polar alignment for an equatorial mount. The dark field illuminated dial makes the polar alignment simple and easy and it can be done just in minutes.
Achieve Premium Stability with 42” Pier!
Instead of a tripod, this version of the iEQ45 mount comes with a 42” aluminum alloy pier. The pier itself has a diameter of 5.7” is structurally reinforced with stainless steel rods that are adjustable, and the pier legs are made of steel and retract so that the pier will have a small footprint when not in use or during transport. The 42” Pier weighs just 23 pounds, making it just about as portable as a standard tripod.
iOptron iEQ45 Pro EQ Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Maximum Payload: 45 lb. or 20 kg
- Mount Weight (not including counterweights): 25 lb. or 11.4kg
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 5 - 70 degrees
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: Plus or Minus 6 degrees
- RA Worm Period: 337 seconds
- Right Ascension Worm Wheel: 256 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
- Declination Worm Wheel: 228 teeth, M=0.5, aluminu
- RA and DEC Worm: 17mm diameter, brass
- RA Bearing: 80mm diameter
- DEC Bearing: 68mm diameter
- Right Ascension Axis Shaft: 50mm diameter, steel
- Declination Axis Shaft: 40mm diameter, steel
- Gear Meshing: Zero backlash
- Counterweight Shaft: 28mm diameter, stainless steel
- Counterweight: Two 11 lb. or 5kg counterweights
- Mount Base Diameter: 150mm diameter
- Dovetail Saddle: 6” dual Vixen/Losmandy Style
- Level Indicator: Precision Bubble
- Polar Scope: AccuAlign G2 polar scope, dark fiel
- Drive Motor: 1:8 degree stepper motor
- Resolution: 0.09 arc seconds
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- Motor Control: Open loop
- PEC: Permanen
- Hand Controller: GoToNova 8407+ with 580,000 objects
- Hand Controller Display: 8 line, 21 character LCD, heated
- Slew Speed: 9 speeds, 5.83 degrees per second max (1400X)
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, King, User
- Meridian Treatment: Stop (0-15º pass) and auto flip
- GPS: Built-in 32 channel
- Communication Port: RS232
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Power Interruption Recover: Yes
- Power Requirement: DC 12V (11 - 15V) 2A
- Power Consumption: 0.45A tracking, and 0.75A GoTo
- Computer Control: Yes (ASCOM)
- Operation Temperature: -20º to 45º C
- Tripod/Pier: 42” Pier
- Pier Diameter: 5.7” or 144mm
- Pier Height: 34”
- Standing Height: 42”
- Leg Length: 22.5” or 570mm
- Total Weight: 23 lb.or 10.43kg
- Additional Information
SKU IO-8000E-AZ-42P Head Design Combo - AZ & EQ Tripod or Pier Included? Yes GPS Included? Yes Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer iOptron Warranty 2 Year Warranty Hand Controller Included iOptron GoTo Nova # of Counterweights Included 2 Weight of Counterweights 11 lb. Tracking Rates Lunar, Sidereal, Solar Objects in Database 580,000 Mount Special Features Illuminated Polar FInder, Integrated Bubble Level Saddle Width Dual V & D Weight Capacity 45 lb in EQ, 55 lb. in AZ, 88 lb. with Dual AZ Material Steel Power Supply Included AC Wall Adapter Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Latitude Range 5 - 70 or 90 Weight of Tripod/Monopod 23 lb. Weight of Head 25 lb.
- Included Items
- iEQ45-AZ Equatorial Alt-Az Mount
- #8050 AZ Base
- Two 11 lb. counterweights
- 8407 Nova Go To Hand Controller
- Controller Cable
- Polar Scope
- 6" Vixen/Losmandy Dovetail Saddle
- 42" Portable Pier
- Counterweight Shaft
- AC Adapter
- 12V Car Charger and Cable
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsHi, I have an Explore Scientific 127 F7.5 triplet. I have it mounted on an LX-80 with tripod. If I am not careful on where I want to go to and it is near the zenith the scope moves up at a sharp angle before it starts slewing left or right and gets jammed on the tripod legs. I know of no way to abort this once it starts. Will the IQ-45 pier version have this problem also?Question by: Peter Gottschling on Feb 13, 2016 2:16:00 PMUnless you are using a large eyepiece rotated inward toward the pier and you are pointing at something exactly at zenith, the back end of your scope will not have an issue with the iEQ45 pier. To be safe, though, we recommend the 48" pier to get a bit more clearance.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Feb 16, 2016 5:44:00 PM
- Support / Downloads