Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 Dual GoTo Computerized Mount
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 dual mount gives optimal stability and pointing accuracy for a wide variety of professional photo and video equipment. The AZ-EQ5 is a hybrid mount with alt-azimuth capability for general use, equatorial capability for astrophotography use and dual-OTA mode perfect for outreach. Stable, accurate, versatile and very portable –weighing only 33 pounds – the SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5 is the perfect mount for just about everybody. The mount is supplied with a SynScan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track 42,900+ celestial objects from its database.
Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 Mount Features
- German Equatorial/Alt-Az/dual OTA mode.
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). PPEC can be trained with autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive – Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- +/- 5 arc seconds native periodic error.
- Dual shutter release control for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- Motor controller with high torque and accuracy.
- Includes two V-style saddles for mounting dual OTAs
- Secure-fit power supply connections.
- Polar alignment with optional polarscope.
- Autoguider port
- USB interface
- Primary axis encoder tracks the mounts position. Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount’s alignment.
- Counterweight extension bar included.
- Retractable counterweight bar.
- Includes two 7.5 pound counterweights.
- Additional Information
SKU SW-S30200 UPC Code 50234000000 Head Design Combo - AZ & EQ Tripod or Pier Included? Yes GPS Included? No Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer Sky-Watcher Hand Controller Included Sky-Watcher SynScan # of Counterweights Included 2 Weight of Counterweights 7.5 lb. Objects in Database 42,000+ Saddle Width V Series Weight Capacity 30 lb. Material Steel Power Supply Included DC Battery Adapter Latitude Range 0 - 90 Weight of Head 33 lb.
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsThis mount only lists one weight capacity. When using it in Alt-azimuth mode is the weight increased with two scopes mounted on opposite ends if the 7.5lbs x2 counter balance weights are removed? If so is 30lbs + 15lbs a correct assumption?Question by: Chris on Dec 13, 2015 2:23:00 PMDue to the special cord connection to the mount, an AC to DC inverter would be the best way to convert this mount to AC. We do carry a 12V 5A adapter that will work well, but it is not on the website at the moment. Please contact us at the store and we can get you the adapter you need.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Dec 14, 2015 6:34:00 PM
- Support / Downloads