Astronomik Clear Filter - Canon EOS Full Frame XL Clip
This multi-coated Clear (MC) filter serves as dust protector or to keep your system parfocal with other Astronomik filters. This filter should be used if the focal plane of your imaging system should stay in the same place as with other Astronomik filters in place. The multicoating prevents you from unwanted reflections. It blocks neither IR nor UV.
The second main application is dust protection of your system (telescope or camera). As the filter doesn’t modify the spectral transmittance of your system it doesn’t alter the colors. It’s great for keeping all dust away from your optics or sensor.
The Astronomik Clear Filter is made with the same high-end process as all other Astronomik filters. The coating has the same scratch resistance and the substrate has the same high quality. Because of this it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and can be used in any optical system for dust protection without modifying the spectral characteristics and without destroying the optical performance of your system. They can be used as a dust protection of Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newton or Maksutov system or as a dust protection in front of DSLR camera, and as an alternative instead of the UV-IR-Blocker if your system has no refracting elements. (You should think about using the IR-blocker or even the UV-IR blocker if you have a system with any refracting elements.
- Visual observation (dark skies): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Visual observation (urban skies): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Film photography: Reasonable, for dust protection only
- CCD photography: Good, to compensate the optical thickness (parfocal with other Astronomik filters); dust protection
- DSLR photography (original): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Reasonable, for dust protection only
About the Astronomik XL Clip-Filter System....
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
Almost all Canon system lenses (with the exception of the EF-S series) and all M42 and T2 lens adapters, can be used with the Astronomik Clip-Filter System. The Clip-Filter System also acts as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the sensor during long time exposure (The MC-Clear filter does not have a filter effect and only acts as a dust shield.)
Note: For Photographers interested in daylight IR-Photography a "MC-modification" is possible for some cameras. If you are interested in this, please send us a short mail. We will give you more details. The "MC-modification" gives you no advantage for normal astrophotography! If you have a EOS Rebel, or other Canon APS-C sized camera body, you should purchase the standard-sized Astronomik Clear Clip filter instead.
Astronomik Multi-Coated Clear Filter - EOS Clip Features....
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Additional Information
SKU UTA-1107 Manufacturer Astronomik Type of Filter Clear Filter Usage Imaging Single or Set? Single Filter Filter Size EOS Full Format Filter Shape EOS XL Filter Mounted? Mounted Warranty 10 Year Warranty
- Included Items
- Astronomik MC Clear Filter - Canon EOS Clip Filter for Full Frame Sensors
- Plastic Storage Case
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads