Celestron Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece for Spotting Scopes
The fixed magnification Wide Angle Eyepiece is a great addition to any spotting scope that accepts 1.25" eyepieces, and it will work great on telescopes, too. The wide field of view helps you bring subjects into the field of view quickly. The larger viewing area also makes it easier to follow subjects as they move.
The Wide Angle Eyepiece's optical components include Celestron’s proprietary XLT coatings, for bright, razor sharp images with amazing detail. XLT coatings, developed for Celestron's observatory-grade telescopes, increase light transmission through the optical path and deliver crisp, high contrast images with outstanding resolution.
The Wide Angle Eyepiece’s fully waterproof housing is suitable for use in all climates and weather conditions, so you can have peace of mind when unexpected weather rolls in. The housing is also filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the internal lenses from fogging when moving between extreme temperatures or using the eyepiece in damp conditions.
The Wide Angle Eyepiece has 20mm of eye relief, providing comfortable viewing for both eyeglass and non-eyeglass wearers. Eyeglass wearers can see the entire field of view while looking through the eyepiece with their glasses on due to the extended eye relief. For those that do not wear eyeglasses, the twist up eyecup correctly positions the user’s eye behind the eyepiece at the correct distance for optimal viewing.
Not only does the Wide Angle Eyepiece provide stunning views in the field, but you can also attach a DSLR camera to this eyepiece with an optional T-Adapter and a T-ring. Capture those impressive views and share them with friends and family when you return home.
Celestron Wide Angle Eyepiece Specifications
With Celestron 65mm, 80mm, or 100mm Spotting Scopes
- Angular Field of View with 65mm: 2.3 degrees
- Angular Field of View with 80mm: 1.8 degrees
- Angular Field of View with 100mm: 1.6 degrees
- Magnification with 65mm: 26x
- Magnification with 80mm: 32x
- Magnification with 100mm: 36x
- Linear Field of View @ 1000 yd/m with 65mm: 121 ft / 40 m
- Linear Field of View @ 1000 yd/m with 80mm: 94 ft / 31 m
- Linear Field of View @ 1000 yd/m with 100mm: 84 ft / 28 m
- Exit Pupil for 65mm: 2.5 mm
- Exit Pupil for 80mm: 2.5 mm
- Exit Pupil for 100mm: 2.7 mm
- Relative Brightness for 65mm: 6.25
- Relative Brightness for 80mm: 6.25
- Relative Brightness for 100mm: 7.29
- Twilight Factor for 65mm: 41.1
- Twilight Factor for 80mm: 50.6
- Twilight Factor for 100mm: 60
- Eye Relief (mm): 20 mm
- Optical Coatings: XLT (Fully Multi-Coated)
- Eye Relief: 20 mm
- Dimensions: 1.81" x 1.81" x 2.94"
- Weight: 6.3 oz
- Waterproof Yes
- Nitrogen Filled (Fogproof) Yes
- Additional Information
SKU CE-82001 UPC Code 050234820011 Manufacturer Celestron Optical Design Wide Angle Barrel Size 1.25" Eyepiece Field of View - Apparent 2.3 (65 mm) 1.8 (80 mm) 1.6 (100 mm) degrees Eyepiece Focal Length na Eyepiece Eye Relief 20 mm Eyepiece Manufacturer Series Celestron Wide Angle Eyepiece Weight 6.3 oz / 179 g Comes with Eye Guard? Yes
- Included Items
- Celestron Wide Angle Eyepiece - 1.25"
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsWhat is the focal length of this eyepiece? I intend to use it for the telescope and to calculate the magnificaton
- Support / Downloads