ZWO ASI185MC Astronomy Camera - Color
Housing a Sony IMX185 sensor, with 2.3M 3.5µm pixels in a 1944 x 1224 format, the ZWO imaging camera is a beautiful piece of work. The IMX185 sensor housed inside this device has an extremely low read noise of 3.3 e, and is extremely sensitive- especially in the near infrared spectrum. Compared to other models such as the ASI224MC, the ZWO ASI185MC color camera has a larger sensor with the same size pixels, and a slight but noticeable increase in read noise over the other model. Superb at any astronomical imaging application imaginable, the ZWO ASI185MC body has a high speed USB 3.0 port, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2" interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4" tripod thread mount on the back, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2" interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4" tripod thread mount on the back, and an IR-cut window. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. The focus distance to the sensor is 12.5mm.
Sony IMX185 CMOS Sensor Features...
- Provides exceptionally low read noise (3.3 e).
- The IMX185 has an image array of 1944 x 1224 and a pixel size of 3.75 microns square.
- Supports 1/2 full HD optical size.
- 1120 mV pixel sensitivity.
- Sensitivity has been enhanced in the near IR region by up to 1.8X that of a similar sensor.
- The Sony IMX185 is an Exmor high performance CMOS sensor with quick processing, low noise, and low power diffusion by utilizing column parallel A/D conversion.
- Everything required to control your ZWO Astronomy Camera is readily available at the ZWO website.
ZWO ASI185MC Color CMOS Astronomy Camera Specifications...
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.9" IMX185 Color CMOS
- Resolution: 2.3M
- Image Array: 1944 x 1224
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 1080 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 268.4 FPS
- Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Exposure Range: 32us - 1000s
- Read Noise: 3.3e
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2" to 1.25"/ M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter by 36 mm
- Weight: 120g
- Working Temperature: -5∫C - 45∫C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
ZWO Product Number: ASI185MC
- Additional Information
SKU ZWO-ASI185MC Manufacturer ZWO Color or B&W? Color Sensor Type CMOS Series ZWO ASI Pixel Size < 5 Microns Chip Diagonal 8.1mm - 10mm Sensor Manufacturer Sony # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model IMX185 Pixel Size in Micrometers 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm Pixel Array 1944 x 1244 Sensor Diagonal 8.58mm Minimum Exposure Time 0.000032 seconds Maximum Exposure Time 1000 seconds Interface USB 3.0 Operating System Compatibility Linux (3rd Party), Mac, Windows Camera Body Dimensions 62mm x 36mm Camera Weight 4.23 oz.
- Included Items
- ZWO ASI185MC Color Astronomy Camera
- 2.5mm All Sky Lens
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Clear Window
- 2 m USB Cable
- 2 m ST4 Guider Cable
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsHello I am new to astrophotography and have been thinking about purchasing this camera for my telescope to take planetary and dso photos, but before I do I wanted to make sure it will fit onto my telescope or if I will need a additional adapter. The telescope I will be using is a Celestron Evolution 9.25 with a 1.25 diagnal. Any information you can provide would be extremely helpful thank you.Question by: Perry on Apr 9, 2016 8:42:00 AMNo answers yet. Be the first to answer the question!
- Support / Downloads