ZWO ASI178MM Astronomy Camera - Monochrome
This ZWO ASI178MM Astronomy Camera includes the back illuminated 6.4M resolution Sony IMX178 image sensor. This 1/1.8" CMOS sensor has a 3096 x 2080 pixel array and a 2.4 µm square pixel size. With a 14bit ADC, extremely low read noise of 2.2 e, and superior sensitivity combine to make the ZWO ASI178MM an excellent camera for both astronomy and microscopy.
Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor Features...
- The Sony IMX178 back illuminated CMOS image sensor offers high sensitivity, resolution and dynamic range.
- The IMX185 is an "Exmor R" sensor with notably improved imaging features, including sensitivity and low read noise, by correcting the basic structure of "Exmor" adopted column parallel A/D converter to back illuminated type.
- The IMX178 is a Sony STARVIS sensor and has a sensitivity of 2000mV+ per 1 micron square (when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, f/5.6 in 1 second accumulation correspondent), and provides superior image quality in the visible and near IR light regions.
- 14 bit output helps achieve high dynamic range which lessened quantization noise and hidden dark random noise. This facilitates clear image quality in light and dark areas, even with high contrast imaging targets.
- Everything required to control your ZWO Astronomy Camera is readily available at the ZWO website.
ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera Specifications...
- Sensor: 1/1.8” CMOS IMX178
- Resolution: 6.4 Mega Pixels
- Pixel Array: 3096 x 2080
- Pixel Size: 2.4µm x 2.4µm
- Sensor Size: 7.4mm x 5mm
- Diagonal: 8.92mm
- Exposure Range: 32 microseconds to 1,000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- ST4 Guider Port: Yes
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling Shutter
- Window: IR-Cut
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Interface: USB 3.0/ USB 2.0
- Bit rate: 14bit output (14bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2"-1.25" (M42x0.75)
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- Weight: 4.23 oz. (without lens)
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
ZWO Product Number: ASI178MM
- Additional Information
SKU ZWO-ASI178MM Manufacturer ZWO Color or B&W? Color Sensor Type CMOS Series ZWO ASI Pixel Size < 5 Microns Chip Diagonal 8.1mm - 10mm Sensor Manufacturer Sony # of Sensors Single Sensor Front or Back Illumination Back Illuminated Sensor Model IMX178 Pixel Size in Micrometers 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm Pixel Array 3096 x 2080 Sensor Diagonal 8.92mm Minimum Exposure Time 0.000032 seconds Maximum Exposure Time 1000 seconds Interface USB 3.0 Operating System Compatibility Linux (3rd Party), Mac, Windows Camera Body Dimensions 62mm x 36mm Camera Weight 4.23 oz.
- Included Items
- ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera
- Sony IMX CMOS Image Sensor
- 2.5mm All Sky Camera Lens Adapter
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Clear Window
- 2 m USB Cable
- 2 m ST4 Guider Cable
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads