QSI 616s Monochrome CCD Camera
The QSI 600 Series builds on the foundation of the popular QSI 500 Series. Dual read rates of up to 8 MHz with high-speed USB 2.0 and full 16-bit output allow 600 Series cameras to produce high quality images with high frame rates, extremely wide dynamic range, excellent linearity and exceptionally low noise. Cooling on the 600 Series is achieved with a custom 2-stage TEC supporting regulated cooling to greater than 45C, or greater than 50C with the option Liquid Heat Exchanger.
The QSI 600 Series has seven different models employing a comprehensive range of monochrome and single-shot color scientific grade CCDs up to 8.3mp. A variety of options and accessories are available to meet your specific medical, astronomical or industrial imaging objectives.
The superb imaging performance of 600 Series cameras is wrapped in an attractive, compact design with outstanding power efficiency and investment protecting upgradeability. The refined engineering and impressive fit, finish and attention to detail will surpass your highest expectations.
About The Kodak Full Frame KAF-1603ME Grade 2 Sensor...
The Kodak KAF-1603 Image Sensor is a high performance monochrome area CCD (charge-coupled device) image sensor with 1536H x 1024V photoactive pixels. It is designed for a wide range of image sensing applications in the 350 nm to 1000 nm wavelength band. Low dark current and good charge capacity result in 74 dB dynamic range at room temperature.
The sensor is built with a true two-phase CCD technology employing a transparent gate. This technology simplifies the support circuits that drive the sensor, reduces the dark current without compromising charge capacity, and significantly increases to optical response compared to traditional front illuminated full frame sensors. Optional microlenses focus the majority of the light through the transparent gate, increasing the optical response further. The photoactive area is 13.8 mm x 9.2 mm. The imager is housed in a 24 pin, 0.88” wide, dual in line package with 0.100” pin spacing.
Kodak Full Frame KAF-1603ME Grade 2 Sensor Features
- Total Number of Pixels: 1552 (H) x 1032 (V)
- Number of Active Pixels: 1536 (H) x 1024 (V) = approx. 1.6 M
- Pixel Size: 9.0 μm (H) x 9.0 μm (V)
- Active Image Size: 13.8 mm (H) x 9.2 mm (V)
- Die Size: 15.5mm (H) x 10mm (V)
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 - Saturation Signal: 100,000 electrons
- Output Sensitivity: 10 μV/e
- Quantum Efficiency (with microlens): Peak: 77% - 400 nm: 45%
- Quantum Efficiency (no microlens): Peak: 65% - 400nm: 30%
- Read Noise: 15 electrons
- Dark Current (T = 25°C): <10pa>
- Dynamic Range: 74dB - Charge Transfer Efficiency: >0.99999
- Blooming Suppression: None - Maximum Data Rate: 10 MHz
- Package: CERDIP Package (sidebrazed) - Cover Glass: Clear or AR coated, 2 sides
QSI Product Number: 616s