Lumenera SKYnyx 2-0 Color CCD Camera
The SKYnyx2-0 is a USB 2.0 CCD camera specifically designed for the astrophotography market. Its superior technology and design are based on Lumenera's Lu075 camera, named a Hot Product in 2006 by Sky and Telescope Magazine.
The SKYnyx2-0 surpasses its predecessor with reduced noise levels and power consumption, and features a 640 x 480 pixel format, ROI, and 60 fps (higher with binning). Capture clear, crisp, planetary, lunar and solar images with the SKYnyx2-0.
Control your SKYnyx camera and capture images through our 3rd party software partners. Lumenera is integrated with the most popular commercial, shareware and freeware vendors including: AMCap, AstroArt, K3CCD Tools, LUCAM Recorder, MaxIm DL, StreamPix and Windows Movie Maker. Lumenera's SKYnyx astrophotography cameras also support a DirectShow interface, allowing camera control by any DirectShow compliant application.
Lumenera SKYnyx 2-0 Color CCD Camera Features
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface facilitates ease of installation on all computers
- Excellent sensitivity and low noise CCD image sensor
- High quality images
- 60 fps at full 640x480 resolution with no compression
- Maximum frame rate exceeds 100 fps with binning and ROI
About the Sony ICX424AL Sensor
The ICX424AL is a diagonal 6mm (Type 1/3) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array suitable for EIA black-and-white cameras. Progressive scan allows all pixel's signals to be output independently within approximately 1/60 second.
This chip features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter. High sensitivity and low dark current are achieved through the adoption of the HAD (Hole- Accumulation Diode) sensors. This chip is suitable for applications such as FA and surveillance cameras.
Sony ICX424AL Sensor Features
- Progressive scan allows individual readout of the image signals from all pixels.
- High vertical resolution (480 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Square pixel
- Supports VGA format
- Horizontal drive frequency: 24.54MHz
- No voltage adjustments (reset gate and substrate bias are not adjusted.)
- High resolution, high sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter
- Low smear
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- Horizontal register: 5.0V drive
- 16-pin high precision plastic package (enables dual-surface standard)
- Interline CCD image sensor
- Image size: Diagonal 6mm (Type 1/3)
- Number of effective pixels: 659 (H) × 494 (V) approx. 330K pixels
- Total number of pixels: 692 (H) × 504 (V) approx. 350K pixels
- Chip size: 5.79mm (H) × 4.89mm (V)
- Unit cell size: 7.4μm (H) × 7.4μm (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 31 pixels - Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 16 - Vertical 5
- Substrate material: Silicon
Lumenera Product Number: LUSKY20C
- Additional Information
SKU LR-SKYNYX2-0C Manufacturer Lumenera Color or B&W? Color Sensor Type Interline Transfer Series Lumenera SKYnyx Warranty 1 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Sony # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model ICX424 Filter Wheel No
- Included Items
- Lumenera SKYnyx 2-0 Color CCD Camera
- Sony ICX424AL Sensor
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads