The Imaging Source IS-618CU CCD Camera Highlights - IR Pass...
- 1/4" Sony CCD ICX618
- Progressive scan
- Resolution 640 x 480
- Maximum 60 fps
- Maximum exposure time 60 min
- C/CS-mount (WITHOUT lens)
- Adapter attaches C-mount camera to telescope with1.25" tube
- USB 2.0 cable
- Bus powered
- Included driver (for Windows XP and Vista)
- Included IC Capture.AS (software to control the camera under Windows XP and Vista)
Up to 60 Frames Per Second...
At 60 frames per second (fps), the color CCD camera, manufactured by The Imaging Source, is the fastest in its category. The IS-1M is ideally suited for astrophotography, where very fast image sequences are ideal. Using the included software - IC Capture.AS - you can capture lossless and uncompressed image sequences as AVI files.
Color Sony CCD...
The Imaging Source camera uses the color progressive scan CCD ICX618 from Sony. With its 1/4" format, the CCD produces a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. Even at long exposure times, its noise is minimal. Thanks to its unsurpassed quality, the ICX618 is often used in industrial image processing applications.
Fast Data Transfer via USB 2.0...
The astro CCD camera outputs a fast stream of uncompressed monochrome images. In order to transfer these to the host PC, a very fast bus is required. Hence, the camera is fitted with a USB 2.0 connector (cable sold separately).
Included Device Driver for USB 2.0 CCD Cameras...
The driver IC WDM DCAM TIS embeds all USB 2.0 CCD cameras, manufactured by The Imaging Source, into Windows Vista and Windows XP. By deploying this driver, all CCD cameras are compatible to DirectX. Consequently, all The Imaging Source CCD cameras can be used with all astrophotography software that is compatible to DirectX.
Software Requirements for Driver...
- PIII/800 MHz, 128 MB
- Graphics card with 24 or 32 bit
- Windows Vista or Windows XP
- DirectX 9.0c or higher
IC Capture.AS is authored by The Imaging Source and has been specifically designed for use with CCD cameras. Using IC Capture.AS, you can do the following: Set all camera parameters... See the live image data stream from the camera... Retrieve singular images from the camera and save them as BMP or JPG files... Capture image sequences and save the single images as enumerated BMP or JPG files... Capture image sequences and save them as lossless, uncompressed AVI files. These files can be post-processed in other astronomy applications, such as RegiStax.
AVI File Generation...
With IC Capture.AS you can save the images outputted from the camera as an AVI file. There are two approaches to achieve this: If you would like to save a compressed AVI file, simply select the appropriate codec in IC Capture.AS (DivX, for example). If you prefer uncompressed AVIs, simply select the shipped codec (uncompressed Y800, uncompressed RGB24, uncompressed RGB32, uncompressed UYVY).
RegiStax (Windows): RegiStax can read the uncompressed AVI files that are created by IC Capture.AS. Astro IIDC (Mac OS): Using Astro IIDC you can control all The Imaging Source CCD cameras on Mac OS.
The ICX618ALA is a diagonal 4.5mm (Type 1/4) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array which supports VGA format. Progressive scan enables all pixel signals to be output separately within approximately 1/60 second. This chip features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter.The sensitivity and near infrared sensitivity are improved drastically through the adoption of advanced EXview HAD CCD technology. This chip is suitable for applications such as security cameras and network cameras.
About the Sony ICX618 Color Sensor
Sony ICX618 Color Sensor Features
- High sensitivity (+3.5dB compared with the ICX614ALA)
- High saturation signal (+2.0dB compared with the ICX614ALA)
- Low smear (–8.0dB compared with the ICX614ALA)
- Progressive scan enables individual readout of the image signals from all pixels.
- Square pixel
- Supports VGA format
- Horizontal drive frequency: Supports 24.54MHz
- No voltage adjustments (Reset gate and substrate bias need no adjustment.)
- High resolution, high sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- Horizontal register: 3.3V drive
- 14-pin high accuracy plastic package (dual-surface reference available)
- Additional Information
SKU IM-IS-618CIU Manufacturer Imaging Source Color or B&W? Color Sensor Type Interline Transfer Series Imaging Source USB Warranty 5 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Sony # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model ICX618 Filter Wheel No
- Included Items
- Imaging Source DFK 21AU618 CCD Camera Body
- Sony Color ICX618 progressive scan CCD - IR Pass
- IC Capture.AS Camera Control Software
- IC WDM DCAM TIS Device Driver Software
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads