About the FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series
Goodbye Goliath! MicroLine CCD cameras are smaller and lighter-weight than the competition, but outperforms them in key areas such as noise, frame quality, download speeds, bit-depth, and CCD cooling.
FLI MicroLine CCD cameras feature fast download speeds that simply leave the competition behind. Each component of the FLI MicroLine camera is designed and manufactured for a long life in the most demanding conditions. All major components are CNC machined and you're looking at only the highest quality electrical components and circuit boards with logo, serial number and focal plane indicators laser-etched on the surface - not printed. FLI designed photo-etched stainless-steel shutters are field-serviceable should they ever encounter damage and the sensor is hermetically sealed from dust and moisture.
What sets FLI MicroLine CCD Cameras apart is their small form factor. At 3.7 x 3.7 x 5 inches (HWL), the FLI MicroLine is a small camera with big camera capabilities! The Microline improves upon the highly successful FLI MaxCam design in a number of key areas including cooling, download speeds, clear aperture, and sensor capability.
Now, let's talk about FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Cooling... The FLI MicroLine’s robust cooling design achieves a sustainable cooling performance of 50-55° deg C below ambient. The camera’s CCD can be operated at -30° deg C with typical room temperatures and without the need for water cooling (sold as a separate option, visit the Accessories section for a list of choices) or special cooling sequences. Simply set the MicroLine cooling where you want it and the camera will do the rest – quickly and worry-free.
Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. The MicroLine avoids these issues with its internal frame buffer, thus allowing an image to be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image.
When it comes the FLI MicroLine, you get system compatibility and mounting options as well as mechanical shutter, liquid cooling, and Anti-Dew Technology options that will help you trick out your camera the way you want it. The MicroLine line of CCD cameras is compatible with all FLI imaging accessories, including the Precision line of Color Filter Wheels and Digital Focusers. MicroLine camera adapters are available for microscope, telescope and machine vision connectivity. Scroll down for a list of available time-of-purchase options for this camera model and sensor combination.
FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series Features in a Nutshell..
- Storage temperature range: -50°C to +100°C - Operation temperature range: -40°C to +50°C - Relative humidity operating range: 95%
- Heavy weight performance in a 2.8 lbs package with Liquid and Air Cooled bases
- RBI Annihilator Standard and AR Coated Windows
- Video mode with interline sensors and Small Footprint (3.7 x 3.7 x 5in.)
- Power requirements: 12V - Reaches operating temperatures in 5 minutes!
- Ideal for X-ray Applications, Astronomical Imaging, Scientific Imaging, Medical Applications, and Forensic Applications.
About The Sony ICX285AL Interline CCD Sensor
The Sony ICX285AL is a diagonal 11 mm (Type 2/3) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array. High sensitivity and low smear are achieved through the adoption of EXview HAD CCD technology. Progressive scan allows all pixel’s signals to be output independently within approximately 1/15 second. Also, the adoption of high frame rate readout mode supports 60 frames per second. This sensor features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter. This chip is suitable for image input applications such as still cameras which require high resolution, etc.
The Sony ICX285AL Interline Features
- Progressive scan allows individual readout of the image signals from all pixels
- High horizontal and vertical resolution (both approximately 1024 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Supports high frame rate readout mode (effective 256 lines output, 60 frame/s)
- Square pixel - Aspect ratio: 4:3 - Horizontal drive frequency: 28.64 MHz
- High sensitivity, low smear. Low dark current, excellent anti-blooming characteristics.
- Continuous variable-speed electronic shutter. Horizontal register: 5.0 V drive
- Substrate material: Silicon - Image size: Diagonal 11 mm (Type 2/3)
- Total number of pixels: 1434 (H) × 1050 (V) approx. 1.50M pixels
- Number of effective pixels: 1392 (H) × 1040 (V) approx. 1.45M pixels
- Number of active pixels: 1360 (H) × 1024 (V) approx. 1.40M pixels
- Chip size: 10.2 mm (H) × 8.3 mm (V) - Unit cell size: 6.45 μm (H) × 6.45 μm (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 40 pixels, Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 20, Vertical 3