Apogee Alta F Series CCD Cameras
The Alta® F Series represents the next step in the evolution of the Alta line of cameras with faster readout speeds. The Alta line continues to support a wide variety of front-illuminated, back-illuminated and interline transfer CCDs. All Alta systems are backed by a 2 year warranty on the camera and lifetime warranty on the CCD chamber integrity. Current U Series customers can easily upgrade their systems to F Series.
Apogee Alta F9000 D07 Monochrome CCD Camera
The Apogee Alta F9000 represents the next step in the evolution of the Alta line of cameras with faster readout speeds. The Alta F9000 uses a very large format 9-megapixel full frame sensor with anti-blooming gates, ideal for applications requiring large field of view, such as astrophotography, sky surveys and radiology.
Apogee Alta F9000 D07 Monochrome CCD Camera Features...
- 1 to 8 MHz 16-Bit digitization
- 32 MB camera memory
- Field upgradeable firmware
- Subarray readout and fast sequencing modes
- 32/64 bit ActiveX drivers included with every system
- Programmable cooling to 45ºC below ambient
- General purpose programmable I/O port
- Adjustable fan speed for low/zero vibration
- Programmable status indicators
- AR coated silica windows
- RBI pre-flash available
- Moisture free chambers
- Liquid cooling option
- Precision locking filter wheels optional
Apogee Alta F9000 D07 Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications...
- CCD: Kodak KAF-09000
- Pixel Array: 3056 x 3056
- Pixel Size: 12µm x 12µm
- Imaging Area: 36.7mm x 36.7mm
- Imaging Diagonal: 51.9mm
- Linear Full Well (Typical): ~110,000 electrons
- Dynamic Range: 84 dB
- QE at 400nm: 37%
- Peak QE (550nm): 64%
- Anti-blooming: >100X
- PC Interface: USB 2.0
- Max. Cable Length: 5 meters between hubs, 5 hubs maximum (max. total of 30m); or up to 50m with Icron 2.0 Ranger extender
- Digital Resolution: 16 bits to 8 MHz
- System Noise (Typical): <30 e- RMS at 8 MHz
- Pixel Binning: 1 x 1 to 8 x 3056 on chip
- Exposure Time: 30 milliseconds to 183 minutes (2.56 microsecond increments)
- Image Sequencing: 1 to 65535 image sequences under software control
- Frame Sizes: Full frame, subframe, focus mode
- Cooling (Typical): Thermoelectric cooler with forced air. Maximum cooling up to 45°C below ambient temperature.
- Dark Current (Typical): <0.6 e-/pixel/sec (-25°C)
- Temperature Stability: +/- 0.1°C
- Operating Environment: -25° to 40°C. Relative humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing.
- Power: 40W maximum power with shutter open and cooling maximum. AC/DC "brick" supply with int'l AC input plug (100-240V, 50-60Hz). Alternate 12V input from user's source.
- Remote Triggering: LVTTL input allows exposure to start within 25 microseconds of rising edge of trigger.
- Camera Head Size: Standard: D07; Low Profile: D11; Aluminum, hard blue anodized; 7" x 7" x 2.55"; Weight: 4.2 lb.
- Back Focal Distance: Standard: 1.005" (2.56 cm). Low Profile: 0.585" (1.5 cm). [optical]
- Mounting: 5.125" bolt circle. 2.5" 24 TPI thread. Optional Nikon F-mount or Canon EOS/EF or FD mount.
- Shutter: Standard: 63mm shutter. Low Profile: no shutter.
About the Kodak KAF-09000 Sensor...
The excellent uniformity of the KAF-09000 image sensor improves overall image integrity by simplifying image corrections, while integrated anti-blooming protection prevents image bleed from over-exposure in bright areas of the image. To simplify device integration, the KAF-09000 image sensor uses the same pin-out and package as the KAF-16801 image sensor.
Combining high resolution with outstanding sensitivity, the Kodak KAF-09000 image sensor has been specifically designed to meet the needs of next-generation low cost digital radiography and scientific imaging systems. The high sensitivity available from 12-micron square pixels combine with a low noise architecture to allow system designers to improve overall image quality, or to relax system tolerances to achieve lower cost.
About the Apogee AFW50-7S Filter Wheel...
The Apogee AFW50-7S filter wheel comes with a large 7 position carousel that holds 50mm square filters (sold separately), which are ideal for the F9000 and F16 imaging systems. The filter wheel is controlled via USB 2.0 and easily adapts to the Alta D2, D7, and D9 bodies, as well as to AP systems.
- Filter Size: 50mm square
- Max Filter Thickness: 5mm
- Weight:: 3.5 lbs with filters
- Thickness: 1.0" with mounting plate
- Camera Mount Method: Adapter plate attached to any Alta camera
- Mechanical Mount: 3" 24 threads per inch
- Power Input: 12V DC
- Interface: USB 2.0
Apogee Product Number: F9KD7-7S
- Additional Information
SKU AI-F9KD7-7S Manufacturer Apogee Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Sensor Type Full Frame Series Apogee Alta Pixel Size > 9 Microns Chip Diagonal 22mm & Up Warranty 2 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Truesense, formerly Kodak # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model KAF-09000 CCD Class Standard Anti-Blooming Sensor? yes Quantum Efficiency Peak: 64% 400nm: 37% Full Well Capacity ~110,000 electrons Pixel Size in Micrometers 12 x 12 Pixel Array 3056 x 3056 Sensor Diagonal 51.9mm Minimum Exposure Time 0.03 seconds Maximum Exposure Time 10,980 seconds Binning Modes 1x1, 1 x CCD Height (User Set), 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4 x CCD Height (User Set), 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 8 x CCD Height (User Set) Dark Current <0.6 e-/pixel/sec (-25°C) Filter Wheel Yes Interface USB 2.0 Camera Cooling Type Thermo-electric Cooling (TEC) Camera Body Dimensions 7" x 7" x 2.55" Camera Weight 4.2 lb.
- Included Items
- Apogee Alta F9000 D07F Monochrome CCD Camera
- D07 High Capacity Cooling Body
- AFW50-7S Filter Wheel
- USB Cable
- International Power Suppy
- ActiveX Driver
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads