QHY 9 Monochrome CCD Camera w/ 7-Position Ultra Slim 36mm Filter Wheel
The QHY9 is a classic monochrome CCD camera that uses the celebrated 8.6 mega pixel Kodak KAF8300 sensor. This sensor sports excellent QE for imaging deep sky objects. Peak QE is 56% with 48% QE in H-Alpha. 4/3" size makes it ideal for the majority of telescope models.
Two-stage TEC and standard delta T is -50ºC below ambient. This provides superior thermal noise control. When contrasting the QHY9 with cameras that have -25 or -30ºC cooling, you'll find the QHY9 produces a clearer image with very long exposure time even in the hottest summers or coldest winters.
The QHY9 features very low readout noise. It also has a round design, making it well-suited for Hyperstars. QHY9 is a round design and very suitable for Hyperstars.
QHY 9 Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications...
- Kodak KAF-8300 monochrome CCD sensor
- Total pixels: 3448 x 2574 (8.9 mega pixel)
- Effective pixels: 3358 x 2536 (8.6 mega pixel)
- Active pixels: 3326 x 2504(8.3 mega pixel)
- Imager Size : 17.96mm x 13.52mm, 4/3"
- Pixel Size: 5.4 µm x 5.4 µm
- Full Well Capacity: ~25,500 electrons
- Readout noise: 8e- to 10e-(Typical @1Mpixel/s)
- Peak QE: 56% @ 540nm
- Microlensing on chip
- ABG: 1000X
- 16bit ADC with CDS and Preamp
- Preview Speed: 3Mpixel/s (3 sec download time)
- Download Speed: 1Mpixel/s (9 sec download time)
- Built in 32 MBytes SDRAM buffer
- Supported Binning: 1x1, 2x2,3x3,4x4
- Communication port to QHY color wheel
- Improved 2-Stage regulated TEC cooling Max -50ºC below ambient
- Improved Heat Sink For Kodak CCD
- Single cable for for QHY ColorWheel control
- Built-in mechanical shutter for Full Frame CCD
- Built-in heater to avoid dew on CCD optic windows in very high humidity
- Weight: 18 oz.
- DC201 DC adapter and regulated TEC controller
- USB 2.0 High Speed interface
- Guide Port: Integrated Optic isolated guide port RJ11 6pin (ST4 type)
- Fully sealed
- Desiccant Silicon tube
QHY Product Number: QHY9-736
- Additional Information
SKU QH-QHY9-736 Manufacturer QHY Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Series QHY Mono Cooled Cameras Pixel Size 5-7 Microns Warranty 2 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Kodak (pre 2011) # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model KAF-8300 Anti-Blooming Sensor? yes Quantum Efficiency Peak: 56% @540nm Full Well Capacity ~25,500 electrons Pixel Size in Micrometers 5.4 µm x 5.4 µm Pixel Array 3358 x 2536 Integrated Guider? No, but includes Integrated Guide Port Binning Modes 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 Shutter Type Mechanical Filter Wheel Yes Interface USB 2.0 Camera Cooling Type Thermo-electric Cooling (TEC) Camera Weight 18 oz.
- Included Items
- QHY QHY9M Monochrome CCD Camera
- 7-Position Ultra Slim Filter Wheel - 36mm
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads