FLI Proline 16050 Monochrome Interline Transfer CCD Camera
About the FLI Proline Camera System
The FLI ProLine Imaging System is the new standard-bearer in CCD camera efficiency and flexibility. As the forerunner of FLI's imaging systems, Proline cameras provide user-defined download rates, cooling base configuration options, and an independent hermetically-sealed chamber for the CCD and electronics. All of the most important elements of the FLI Proline are CNC machined for longevity, even under the most stressful conditions. The ProLine base / heat sink, front flange, and shutter housing are each assembled from a lone fragment of high-grade aluminum. Since the Proline fan cover is also part of the base assembly, it too is CNC machined! Electrical printed circuit boards employ only top-of-the-line components and are shielded from severe atmospheric conditions, removing the need for conformal coatings.
By allowing the user to choose from an array of extremely fast download speeds, the Proline breaks new ground. For focusing, you can download images at 12 megapixels per second, meaning you can download an unbinned image to your PC in as little as as one second! With imaging in mind, the download rate can be decreased to reduce noise in the final image. The Proline will function at -30ºC with ambient temperatures reaching 35ºC (84ºF) for lowest dark current and its attendant noise, thanks to a continuous 55ºC cooling performance. Although additional cooling or cooling sequence is not needed, a liquid cooling option is available if a wider range is desired.
Traditional imaging cameras transfer image data directly from the sensor to the USB port, rendering them exposed to added artifacts due to PC-related concerns such as processing tasks and processor speed. Each FLI Proline CCD camera features internal memory capability, allowing the imaging chip to be read quickly and downloaded to your PC. Because of this, your PC can take the image at its own highest level of proficiency without introducing any unwanted visual anomalies. The Proline image sensor is precisely coordinated so that the imaging chip is perpendicular to the optical path without shims or other post-assembly corrections due to a sophisticated design and refined production methods. This is vital as chips get bigger to guarantee the entire frame of your image is in focus.
FLI Proline 16050 CCD Camera Features...
- Includes Truesense KAI-16050 Monochrome CCD Sensor, with 4896 X 3264 pixel array and a pixel size of 5.5μm
- Sensor Cooling up to 55°C below ambient (air cooled)
- Interline Sensor Operation at 12 MHz (16-bit)
- Full Frame Sensor Operation up to 14 MHz (16-bit)
- Separate On-Board A2D for Lowest Noise (1 MHz)
- Excellent Linearity
- Dual Super Coated AR Window
- Air Cooled Base
- RBI Anti-Ghosting Technology standard
- Video Mode with Interline Sensors
- Reaches Operating Temperatures in 5 Minutes!
About the Truesense KAI-16050 Class 2 Sensor
The KAI-16050 Image Sensor is a 16-megapixel CCD in an APS-H optical format. Based on the TRUESENSE 5.5 micron Interline Transfer CCD Platform, the sensor features broad dynamic range, and excellent imaging performance. A vertical overflow drain structure suppresses image blooming and enables electronic shuttering for precise exposure control.
- Architecture: Interline CCD; Progressive Scan
- Class: 2
- Pixel Count: 4964 (H) x 3332 (V)
- Pixel Size: 5.5 μm (H) x 5.5 μm (V)
- Active Image Size: 26.93 mm (H) x 17.95 mm (V)
- Chip Diagonal: 32.36 mm APS-H Format
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Number of Outputs: 1, 2 or 4
- Output Sensitivity: 34 μV/electron
- Charge Capacity: 20,000 electrons
- Quantum Efficiency: Pan = 43%, RGB (-FXA, -QXA) = 28%, 35%, 38%
- Read Noise (f=40MHz): 12 electrons rms
- Dark Current Doubling Temp: Photodiode = 2 electrons/s, VCCD=140 electrons/s
- Dynamic Range: 64 dB
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: 0.999999
- Blooming Suppression: >300X
- Smear: Estimated -100 dB
- Image Lag: <10 electrons
- Max Frame Rates: Quad Output= 8 fps, Dual Output= 4 fps, Single Output=2 fps
- Maximum Pixel Clock Speed: 40 MHz
- Package: 72 pin PGA
- Cover Glass: AR Coated, both sides
- Additional Information
SKU FL-PL16050-2 Manufacturer FLI Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Sensor Type Interline Transfer Series FLI Proline Pixel Size 5-7 Microns Chip Diagonal 22mm & Up Sensor Manufacturer Truesense, formerly Kodak # of Sensors Single Sensor Front or Back Illumination Back Illuminated Sensor Model KAI-16050 CCD Class Class 2 Anti-Blooming Sensor? yes Full Well Capacity 20,000 e- Pixel Size in Micrometers 5.5um Pixel Array 4896 x 3264 Sensor Diagonal 32.3 mm Focus Distance To Sensor 21.3 mm focal plane to faceplate (optical) Shutter Type Digital, Mechanical Optional Dark Current <0.00015 electrons/pixel/sec @ 35% C Filter Wheel No Interface USB 2.0 Camera Cooling Type Thermo-electric Cooling (TEC) Camera Weight 5.6 lb.
- Included Items
- FLI PL16050 Proline CCD Camera with KAI-16050 Sensor
- 100-240V AC to 12V DC Power Supply
- Camera Test Report
- USB cable
- Power supply line cord
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads