FLI Proline 16000M Monochrome Interline Transfer CCD Camera
About the FLI Proline Camera System
The FLI ProLine Imaging System is the new standard-bearer in CCD camera efficiency and flexibility. As the forerunner of FLI's imaging systems, Proline cameras provide user-defined download rates, cooling base configuration options, and an independent hermetically-sealed chamber for the CCD and electronics. All of the most important elements of the FLI Proline are CNC machined for longevity, even under the most stressful conditions. The ProLine base / heat sink, front flange, and shutter housing are each assembled from a lone fragment of high-grade aluminum. Since the Proline fan cover is also part of the base assembly, it too is CNC machined! Electrical printed circuit boards employ only top-of-the-line components and are shielded from severe atmospheric conditions, removing the need for conformal coatings.
By allowing the user to choose from an array of extremely fast download speeds, the Proline breaks new ground. For focusing, you can download images at 12 megapixels per second, meaning you can download an unbinned image to your PC in as little as as one second! With imaging in mind, the download rate can be decreased to reduce noise in the final image. The Proline will function at -30ºC with ambient temperatures reaching 35ºC (84ºF) for lowest dark current and its attendant noise, thanks to a continuous 55ºC cooling performance. Although additional cooling or cooling sequence is not needed, a liquid cooling option is available if a wider range is desired.
Traditional imaging cameras transfer image data directly from the sensor to the USB port, rendering them exposed to added artifacts due to PC-related concerns such as processing tasks and processor speed. Each FLI Proline CCD camera features internal memory capability, allowing the imaging chip to be read quickly and downloaded to your PC. Because of this, your PC can take the image at its own highest level of proficiency without introducing any unwanted visual anomalies. The Proline image sensor is precisely coordinated so that the imaging chip is perpendicular to the optical path without shims or other post-assembly corrections due to a sophisticated design and refined production methods. This is vital as chips get bigger to guarantee the entire frame of your image is in focus.
About The Truesense Interline KAI-16000M Grade 2 Sensor...
The Truesense KAI-16000M is a monochrome interline transfer CCD offering 16 million pixels at up to 3 frames per second through 2 outputs. This image sensor is organized into an array of 4,872(H) x 3,248(V) with 7.4 micron square pixels and full 35mm optical format.
As an interline transfer CCD, the KAI-16000 includes additional features such as progressive scan readout, electronic shutter, low noise, high dynamic range, and blooming suppression. These features make the KAI-16000 the perfect sensor for applications in Industrial, Aerial, Security, and Scientific markets.
Truesense KAI-16000M Grade 2 Sensor Specifications
- 16 Million pixel resolution - 35mm Optical format
- Electronic shutter - Progressive scan readout
- High sensitivity - Fast Frame rate - >60 dB dynamic range
- Industrial, Aerial Photography, Security and Scientific Applications
- Total Number of Pixels : 4960 (H) x 3324 (V) = 16.6M
- Number of Effective Pixels: 4904 (H) x 3280 (V) = 16.1M
- Number of Active Pixels: 4872 (H) x 3248 (V) = 15.8M
- Pixel Size: 7.4 (H) x 7.4 (V)
- Active Image Size: 36.1 mm (H) x 24.0 mm (H) 43.3 mm (diagonal)
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 - Number of Outputs: 1 or 2
- Saturation Signal: 30,000 electrons - Output Sensitivity - 30 v/e
- Quantum Efficiency KAI-16000-AXA (500nm) 45% - Quantum Efficiency KAI-16000-CXA R(630nm), G(540nm), B(470nm) 42%, 37%, 30%
- Read Noise (f=30MHz) 16 electrons
- Dark Current: < 0.5 nA/cm2 - Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 7 ºC
- Dynamic Range: 65 dB - Charge Transfer Efficiency: 0.99999
- Blooming Suppression: > 100X - Smear: < -80 dB
- Image Lag: < 10 electrons - Maximum Data Rate: 30 MHz per channel
- Package: 40 pin Pin Grid Array - Cover Glass: AR coated, 2 sides
- Additional Information
SKU FL-PL16000M-2 Manufacturer FLI Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Sensor Type Interline Transfer Series FLI Proline Pixel Size 7-9 Microns Chip Diagonal 22mm & Up Warranty 1 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Truesense, formerly Kodak # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model KAI-16000M CCD Class Class 2 Anti-Blooming Sensor? yes Micro-lensing Sensor? no Blue Enhanced Sensor? no Full Well Capacity 30,000 e- Pixel Size in Micrometers 7.4um x 7.4um Pixel Array 4960 x 3324 Sensor Diagonal 43.3 mm Integrated Guider? No Focus Distance To Sensor 21.3mm focal plane to faceplate (optical) Dark Current <.001 e-/pixel/sec @ -35ºC Filter Wheel No Interface USB 2.0 Camera Cooling Type Liquid Cooled - Optional, Thermo-electric Cooling (TEC) Camera Body Dimensions 6.2 x 6.2 x 3.8 inches Camera Weight 5.6 lb.
- Included Items
- FLI PL16000M Proline CCD Camera with Grade 2 KAI-16000 Sensor
- 100-240V AC to 12V DC Power Supply
- Camera Test Report
- USB cable
- Power supply line cord
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts