MicroLine CCD cameras are smaller and lighter-weight than the competition, but outperforms those cameras in key areas such as noise, frame quality, download speeds, bit-depth, and CCD cooling.
About the FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series
FLI MicroLine CCD cameras feature fast download speeds. Each component of the FLI MicroLine camera is designed and manufactured for a long life in the most demanding conditions. All major components are CNC machined and you're looking at only the highest quality electrical components and circuit boards with logo, serial number and focal plane indicators laser-etched on the surface - not printed. FLI-designed photo etched stainless-steel shutters are field serviceable should they ever encounter damage, and the sensor is hermetically sealed from dust and moisture.
What sets FLI MicroLine CCD Cameras apart is their small form factor. At 3.7 x 3.7 x 5 inches (HWL), the FLI MicroLine is a small camera with big camera capabilities! The Microline improves upon the highly successful FLI MaxCam design in a number of key areas including cooling, download speeds, clear aperture, and sensor capability. Now, let's talk about FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Cooling... The FLI MicroLine’s robust cooling design achieves a sustainable cooling performance of 50-55° deg C below ambient. The camera’s CCD can be operated at -30° deg C with typical room temperatures and without the need for water cooling (offered as an option) or special cooling sequences. Simply set the MicroLine cooling where you want it and the camera will do the rest – quickly and worry-free.
Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. The MicroLine avoids these issues with its internal frame buffer, thus allowing an image to be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image.
When it comes to the FLI MicroLine, you get system compatibility and mounting options as well as mechanical shutter, liquid cooling, and Anti-Dew Technology options that will help you trick out your camera the way you want it. The MicroLine array of CCD cameras is compatible with all FLI imaging accessories, including the Precision line of Color Filter Wheels and Digital Focusers. MicroLine camera adapters are available for microscope, telescope and machine vision connectivity.
FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series Features in a Nutshell..
- Storage temperature range: -50°C to +100°C - Operation temperature range: -40°C to +50°C - Relative humidity operating range: 95%
- Heavy weight performance in a 2.8 lb package with Liquid and Air Cooled bases
- RBI Annihilator Standard and AR Coated Windows
- Video mode with interline sensors and Small Footprint (3.7 x 3.7 x 5in.)
- Power requirements: 12V - Reaches operating temperatures in 5 minutes!
- Ideal for X-ray Applications, Astronomical Imaging, Scientific Imaging, Medical Applications, and Forensic Applications.
About the Truesense KAI-01050 Image Sensor…
The Truesense KAI-01050 Image Sensor is a 1-megapixel CCD in a 1/2” (8 mm diagonal) optical format. Based on the TRUESENSE 5.5 micron Interline Transfer CCD Platform, the sensor features broad dynamic range, excellent imaging performance, and a flexible readout architecture that enables use of 1, 2, or 4 outputs for full resolution readout up to 120 frames per second. A vertical overflow drain structure suppresses image blooming and enables electronic shuttering for precise exposure control. Other features include low dark current, negligible lag, and low smear.
- Truesense Transparent Gate Electrode for high sensitivity
- Ultra-high resolution
- Broad dynamic range
- Low noise architecture
- Large active imaging area
FLI Proline KAI-01050 Sensor Specifications…
- Architecture: Interline CCD; Progressive Scan
- Total Number of Pixels: 1084(H)x1064(V)
- Number of Effective Pixels: 1040(H)x1040(V)
- Number of Active Pixels: 1024(H)x1024 (V)
- Pixel Size: 5.5 μm (H) x 5.5 μm (V)
- Active Image Size: 5.632 mm (H) x 5.932 mm (V) 7.96 mm (diagonal)
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Outputs: 1, 2 or 4
- Output Sensitivity: 34 μV/e-
- Quantum Efficiency: 46%
- Read Noise (f=140MHz): 12 electrons rms
- Dark Current Doubling Temp: 7 °C (Photodiode)
- Dynamic Range 64 dB
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: 0.999999
- Blooming Suppression: > 300x
- Smear: -100dB
- Image Lag: <10 electrons
- Maximum Pixel Clock Speed: 40 MHz
- Cover Glass: AR coated, 2 sides
- Additional Information
SKU FL-ML01050 Manufacturer FLI Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Sensor Type Interline Transfer Series FLI Microline Pixel Size 5-7 Microns Chip Diagonal 6.1mm - 8mm Warranty 1 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Truesense, formerly Kodak # of Sensors Single Sensor Front or Back Illumination Front Illuminated Sensor Model KAI-1050 CCD Class Standard Anti-Blooming Sensor? yes Full Well Capacity 20,000 e- Pixel Size in Micrometers 5.5um Pixel Array 1024 x 1024 Sensor Diagonal 7.9mm Integrated Guider? No Focus Distance To Sensor 15.7mm Shutter Type Digital, Mechanical Optional Dark Current <0.0002 electrons/pixel/sec @ -35ºC Filter Wheel No Interface USB 2.0 Operating System Compatibility Windows Camera Cooling Type Fan - Built In Camera Body Dimensions 3.7 x 3.7 x 4.77 inches (9.4 x 9.4 x 12.1 cm) Camera Weight 2.8 lb.
- Included Items
- FLI MicroLine KAI-01050 Monochrome CCD Camera
- Electronic Shutter
- USB Cable
- Custom Power Supply
- Camera Cover
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts