About the FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series
MicroLine CCD cameras are smaller and lighter-weight than the competition, but outperforms those cameras in key areas such as noise, frame quality, download speeds, bit-depth, and CCD cooling.
FLI MicroLine CCD cameras feature fast download speeds. Each component of the FLI MicroLine camera is designed and manufactured for a long life in the most demanding conditions. All major components are CNC machined and you're looking at only the highest quality electrical components and circuit boards with logo, serial number and focal plane indicators laser-etched on the surface - not printed. FLI-designed photo etched stainless-steel shutters are field serviceable should they ever encounter damage, and the sensor is hermetically sealed from dust and moisture.
What sets FLI MicroLine CCD Cameras apart is their small form factor. At 3.7 x 3.7 x 5 inches (HWL), the FLI MicroLine is a small camera with big camera capabilities! The Microline improves upon the highly successful FLI MaxCam design in a number of key areas including cooling, download speeds, clear aperture, and sensor capability. Now, let's talk about FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Cooling... The FLI MicroLine’s robust cooling design achieves a sustainable cooling performance of 50-55° deg C below ambient. The camera’s CCD can be operated at -30° deg C with typical room temperatures and without the need for water cooling (offered as an option) or special cooling sequences. Simply set the MicroLine cooling where you want it and the camera will do the rest – quickly and worry-free.
Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. The MicroLine avoids these issues with its internal frame buffer, thus allowing an image to be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image.
When it comes to the FLI MicroLine, you get system compatibility and mounting options as well as mechanical shutter, liquid cooling, and Anti-Dew Technology options that will help you trick out your camera the way you want it. The MicroLine array of CCD cameras is compatible with all FLI imaging accessories, including the Precision line of Color Filter Wheels and Digital Focusers. MicroLine camera adapters are available for microscope, telescope and machine vision connectivity.
FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series Features in a Nutshell..
- Storage temperature range: -50°C to +100°C - Operation temperature range: -40°C to +50°C - Relative humidity operating range: 95%
- Heavy weight performance in a 2.8 lb package with Liquid and Air Cooled bases
- RBI Annihilator Standard and AR Coated Windows
- Video mode with interline sensors and Small Footprint (3.7 x 3.7 x 5in.)
- Power requirements: 12V - Reaches operating temperatures in 5 minutes!
- Ideal for X-ray Applications, Astronomical Imaging, Scientific Imaging, Medical Applications, and Forensic Applications.
About the Truesense KAF-50100 Image Sensor…
The KAF-50100 Image Sensor is a high performance, 50-megapixel CCD. Based on the Truesense 6.0 micron Full Frame CCD Platform, the sensor features ultra-high resolution, broad dynamic range, and a four-output architecture. A lateral overflow drain suppresses image blooming, while an integrated Pulse Flush Gate clears residual charge on the sensor with a single electrical pulse. A Fast Dump Gate can be used to selectively remove a line of charge to facilitate partial image readout. The sensor also utilizes the Truesense Transparent Gate Electrode to improve sensitivity compared to the use of a standard front side illuminated polysilicon electrode.
- Truesense Transparent Gate Electrode for high sensitivity
- Ultra-high resolution
- Broad dynamic range
- Low noise architecture
- Large active imaging area
FLI Proline KAF-50100 Sensor Specifications…
- Architecture: Full Frame CCD (Square Pixels)
- Total Number of Pixels: 8304(H)x6220(V)=51.6M
- Number of Effective Pixels: 8208(H)x6164(V)=50.5M
- Number of Active Pixels: 8176(H)x6132(V)=50.1M
- Pixel Size: 6.0 μm (H) x 6.0 μm (V)
- Active Image Size: 49.1 mm (H) x 36.8 mm (V) 61.3 mm (diagonal)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Horizontal Outputs: 4 ￼
- Saturation Signal: 40.3 ke-
- Output Sensitivity: 31 μV/e-
- Quantum Efficiency: 22%, 22%, 16% (Peak R, G, B) 25%
- Read Noise (f=18MHz): 12.5 e-
- Dark Signal (T=60°C): 42 pA/cm2
- Dark Current Doubling Temp: 5.7 °C
- Dynamic Range (f = 18 MHz): 70.2 dB
- Estimated Linear Dynamic Range (f=18MHz): 69.3 dB
- Charge Transfer Efficiency Horizontal Vertical: 0.999995 0.999999
- Blooming Protection (4 ms exposure time): saturation exposure
- Maximum Data Rate: 18 MHz
- Housing: Ceramic PGA
- Cover Glass: MAR coated, 2 sides
- Additional Information
SKU FL-ML50100 Manufacturer FLI Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Sensor Type Full Frame Series FLI Microline Pixel Size 5-7 Microns Chip Diagonal 22mm & Up Warranty 1 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Truesense, formerly Kodak # of Sensors Single Sensor Front or Back Illumination Front Illuminated Sensor Model KAF-50100 CCD Class Standard Anti-Blooming Sensor? yes Micro-lensing Sensor? yes Quantum Efficiency 25% Full Well Capacity 40,300 e- Pixel Size in Micrometers 6 um Pixel Array 8176 x 6132 Sensor Diagonal 61.3 mm Integrated Guider? No Focus Distance To Sensor 20.9 mm Shutter Type Mechanical Dark Current <0.002 e-/pixel/sec @ -25ºC Filter Wheel No Interface USB 2.0 Operating System Compatibility Windows Camera Cooling Type Thermo-electric Cooling (TEC) Camera Body Dimensions 3.7" x 3.7" x 5" Camera Weight 3.4 lb.
- Included Items
- FLI MicroLine KAF-50100 Monochrome CCD Camera
- 65mm High Speed Shutter
- USB Cable
- Custom Power Supply
- Camera Cover
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Nicolas SOLDATI on Aug 16, 2016 2:47:00 AMGenerally, these cameras do come with microlenses. But it may be possible to special order a camera with microlensesless sensor. To help you with your needs, please give us a call at 1.800.483.6287 or email us at email@example.com.Answer by: Jonathan Cheek (Admin) on Aug 17, 2016 5:12:00 PMWith a USB 2.0 camera data interface and 12-bit/pixel monochrome, what is the maximum frame rate the camera can achieve? Is the frame rate limited by the USB Interface, or by some other aspect of the design?Question by: Dave Hartung on Jun 15, 2015 8:16:00 AMFLI does not have a 12 bit mode for this camera, but in the fastest 16 bit download (8 MHz, 2 channel), it will take aproximately 3-4 seconds to download a single frame. This camera is designed for long exposure low-light performance and neither the camera or the shutter are set up for high framerate output.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Jun 15, 2015 1:28:00 PM
- Support / Downloads