Apogee Alta Series CCD Cameras
The Alta® F Series represents the next step in the evolution of the Alta line of cameras with faster readout speeds. The Alta line continues to support a wide variety of front-illuminated, back-illuminated and interline transfer CCDs. All Alta systems are backed by a 2 year warranty on the camera and lifetime warranty on the CCD chamber integrity. Current U Series customers can easily upgrade their systems to F Series.
Apogee Alta F42-UV Grade 1 CCD Camera
The Apogee Alta F42-UV represents the next step in the evolution of the Alta line of cameras with faster readout speeds. The Alta F42-UV has a back-illuminated full frame 4-megapixel CCD with sensitivity down to 200nm. This CCD does not operate in MPP mode, so has much higher dark current than other E2V CCDs.
Apogee Alta F42-UV Grade 1 CCD Camera Features...
- 1 to 4 MHz 16-Bit digitization
- 32 MB camera memory
- Field upgradeable firmware
- Subarray readout and fast sequencing modes
- 32/64 bit ActiveX drivers included with every system
- Programmable cooling to 55°C below ambient
- General purpose programmable I/O port
- Adjustable fan speed for low/zero vibration
- Programmable status indicators
- AR coated silica windows
- RBI pre-flash available
- Moisture free chambers
- Liquid cooling options
- Precision locking filter wheels optional
Apogee Alta F42-UV Grade 1 CCD Camera Specifications...
- CCD: E2VCCD42-40 UV
- Pixel Array: 2048 x 2048
- Pixel Size: 13.5µm x 13.5µm
- Imaging Area: 27.6mm x 27.6mm
- Imaging Diagonal: 39.1mm
- Linear Full Well (Typical): 100K electrons
- Dynamic Range: 82 dB
- QE at 400nm: 57%
- Peak QE (570-680nm): 65%
- Anti-blooming: None
- PC Interface: USB 2.0
- Max. Cable Length: 5 meters between hubs, 5 hubs maximum (max. total of 30m); or up to 50m with icron 2.0 Ranger extender
- Digital Resolution: 16 bits to 4 MHz
- System Noise (Typical): 10-12 e- RMS at 1 MHz
- Pixel Binning: 1 x 1 to 8 x 2048 on chip
- Exposure Time: 20 milliseconds to 183 minutes (2.56 microsecond increments)
- Image Sequencing: 1 to 65535 image sequences under software control
- Frame Sizes: Full frame, subframe, focus mode
- Cooling (Typical): Thermoelectric cooler with forced air. Maximum cooling up to 55°C below ambient temperature.
- Dark Current (Typical): 100-200 e-/pixel/sec (-25°C)
- Temperature Stability: +/- 0.1°C
- Operating Environment: -25° to 40°C. Relative humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing.
- Power: 40W maximum power with shutter open and cooling maximum. AC/DC "brick" supply with int'l AC input plug (100-240V, 50-60Hz). Alternate 12V input from user's source.
- Remote Triggering: LVTTL input allows exposure to start within 25 microseconds of rising edge of trigger.
- Camera Head Size: Standard: D02; Low profile: D06; Aluminum, hard blue anodized; 6" x 6" x 2.5"; Weight: 3.1 lb.
- Back Focal Distance: Standard: 1.025" (2.60cm). Low profile: 0.460" (1.17cm). [optical]
- Mounting: 3.5" bolt circle; 2" 24 TPI thread. Optional Nikon F-mount or Canon FD or EF/EOS mount.
- Shutter: Standard: 43mm shutter. Low profile: no shutter.
Apogee Product Number: F42UV-1
- Additional Information
SKU AI-F42UV-1 Manufacturer Apogee Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Series Apogee Alta Pixel Size > 9 Microns Chip Diagonal 22mm & Up Warranty 2 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer E2V # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model CCD42-40 UV CCD Class Class 1 Anti-Blooming Sensor? no Quantum Efficiency Peak: 65% 400nm: 57% Full Well Capacity ~100,000 electrons Pixel Size in Micrometers 13.5 x 13.5 Pixel Array 2048 x 2048 Minimum Exposure Time 0.02 seconds Maximum Exposure Time 10,980 seconds Binning Modes 1x1, 1 x CCD Height (User Set), 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4 x CCD Height (User Set), 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 8 x CCD Height (User Set) Dark Current 100-200 e-/pixel/sec (-25°C) Filter Wheel No Interface USB 2.0 Camera Cooling Type Thermo-electric Cooling (TEC) Camera Body Dimensions 6" x 6" x 2.5" Camera Weight 3.1 lb.
- Included Items
- Apogee Alta F42-UV Grade 1 CCD Camera
- E2V CCD42-40 UV Grade 1 Sensor
- TE Cooled Camera Head
- USB Cable
- International Power Supply
- ActiveX Driver
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads