Pier Tech Observatory Control System (Tele-Station/PT2+)
This is a third generation hardware and software package for the control of automated observatory domes and piers that boasts features unseen in similar systems from competitors. For example you can control either remotely or in the observatory itself, Pier Tech's height adjustable telescope pier. You'll be able to either raise or lower it as you open or close the observatory- or just as part of your session's automation routine. The controller hosts stored configuration settings and a microprocessor that can automatically open (or close) the observatory at a specific time or signal (e.g.: cloud sensor) – enabling unattended-automated control of your roll off roof observatory without the need of a PC. The cloud sensor can execute an automated routine consisting of pier down, close roof or open roof, pier up, all with feedback from the position limit switches on the roof and pier. This routine can also be activated from popular observatory control packages such as ACP.
Indeed- this system provides both in depth manual control from a PC, and the ability to program automated routines that, once in position, no longer require effort on your part to maintain and continue! This takes much of the burden off of your hands- leaving you free to analyze gathered data, directly observe through the telescope, or perhaps make yourself some snacks while the observatory functions automatically according to your programming.
And of course, automation is not the only feature included in this control system of the highest quality!
- Microprocessor-based control board.
- Stored configuration and logic control for unattended operation of the observatory.
- Positional feedback switches for confirmation of pier and roof locations.
- Telescope/Mount parked position input included
- ActiveX control for easy integration into other software packages.
- Manual push-button controls. Pier Up / Down, Roof Open / Close
- USB connectivity.
- Real-time indicators of feedback devices. Pier lowered, roof open.
- Observatory scheduler, program a time when to open and when to close the observatory roof.
- Redeveloped using Microsoft .NET Framework®.
- Provides the latest and greatest in software technology.
- Boltwood Cloud sensor configuration. Parameters available for reaction to the cloud sensor input.
- Ethernet connectivity.
- ASCOM compatibility.
- Optional Wi-Fi controller connectivity.
- Optional cellular tower connectivity
- Can be incorporated into any roll off roof observatory
Manufacturer Product Number: PT-OCS