8" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plates provide a platform for coupling telescope optical tubes to SkyView Pro, Atlas, Sirius, AstroView and VersaGo equatorial mounts.
8" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plate
Tube rings (sold separately) bolt on to the dovetail plate, which then fits into the dovetail slot on the equatorial head. Dovetail plates are made of extruded, anodized aluminum. Length 8". Note: One 8" dovetail plate comes standard with the SkyView Pro and Sirius mounts.
8" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plate Features
- Rigid dovetail plate provides a platform for coupling telescope optical tubes to Orion AstroView, SkyView Pro, Sirius, and Atlas equatorial mounts
- 8" long dovetail plate made of extruded, anodized aluminum
- Attach one to all your telescopes for easy, no-tools swapping of instruments on your Orion mount and tripod
- Includes four optical axis offset adjustment screws for precision mounting
- Also compatible with Orion VersaGo, Versago II, SkyView AZ, and TeleTrack altazimuth mounts
- Additional Information
SKU OR-7383 Manufacturer Orion Plate Type Dovetails (Male) Plate Width 1.7" (V Series) Warranty Orion Limited Warranty
- Included Items
- 8" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plate
- Alignment Screws
- One Year Limited Warranty
- Questions & Answers
Product Questions3 questions actually.
1) center on center, what is the spacing of the 2 holes along the center of the bar?
2) What is their thread? (1/4" 20 standard camera?)
3) What is the diameter of the 2 holes at the ends?
Thanks!Question by: Mike Sutherland on May 15, 2016 4:58:00 PMThere are 4 holes along the center of the bar. The widest spaced are 90mm center to center, the middle two are 30mm center to center, and the two on the other end are 60mm center to center. This allows ring spacings from 30mm to 180mm depending on the scope. The holes on the outside are not threaded, but the middle two at 30mm apart are threaded for 1/4"-20 screws. The two holes at the ends are pass-through holes for 1/4"-20 or 6mm screws where the rings they attach to are threaded.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on May 16, 2016 6:15:00 PMHello, I need a dovetail to attach rings to. Im trying to use Orion's 80mm Short-tube, Orion's 90mm Ring set, and attach everything as a guidescope to my Skywatcher 8" newtonian. I supose its the same size and ring distance (8,2") as Orion's or Celestron's 8 inch newtonian. Would this dovetail fit? Im afraid it won't so I'm not sure about picking up a longer one, such as the 13".
1)Do you think the dovetail holes will fit on the main tube assembly's rings?
2)Should I go for the bigger one? Just to be sure?
Thank you in advance!Question by: Guille on Jul 16, 2016 1:03:00 PMThis dovetail will likely bee too short for your purposes, and the 13" Orion dovetail you are also looking at will be better able to bridge the rings on your 8" Newtonian. You just need to make sure that the holes on the bottom dovetail (connected to the mount) place the rings the same distance apart as the holes on the top plate.Answer by: Chris Hendren on Jul 19, 2016 2:32:00 PM
- Support / Downloads