Optec Alnitak Flat-Man for OTAs up to 7.625"
For the imager who doesn’t need the robotic capability of the Flip-Flat, the Flat-Man is now available. The Flat-Man uses the same technology as the Flip-Flat, but is manually placed on the OTA for flat field imaging. The only power you need is a USB cable, and our Windows XP software will light and control the brightness of the Flat-Man. Simply rotate your telescope until the dewshield is pointed straight up and place the Flat-Man centered on your scope. The Flat-Man is an affordable means to achieve excellent flat fields. For OTA and dewshield Outside Diameters of up to 7.625″.
Optec Alnitak Flat-Man Specifications...
- Weight: 1.0 lbs.
- Uniformity of illumination: < ± 2% deviation from uniformity
- Power requirements: USB 1.1 or 2.0 (powered hub required if not connected directly to computer)
- Operating systems: Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- Minimum OTA/dewshield OD: None
- Maximum OTA/dewshield OD: 7.625″
Optec Product Number 19055
- Additional Information
SKU OP-19055 Manufacturer Optec Warranty 1 Year Warranty
- Included Items
- Optec Alnitak Flat-Man for up to 7.625" OTAs
- One Year Warranty
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsWhat is the diameter of the supporting structure? I'm trying to decide if this will fit inside the dew shield of my 160mm refractor or rest comfortably on its perimeter.
- Support / Downloads