Optec Alnitak Flat-Man for 7.625" to 8.125" OTAs
For the imager who doesn’t need the robotic capability of the Flip-Flat, the Flat-Man is now available. The Flat-Man uses the same technology as the Flip-Flat, but is manually placed on the OTA for flat field imaging. The only power you need is a USB cable, and our Windows XP software will light and control the brightness of the Flat-Man. Simply rotate your telescope until the dewshield is pointed straight up and place the Flat-Man centered on your scope. The Flat-Man is an affordable means to achieve excellent flat fields. For OTA and dewshield Outside Diameters of 7.625″ to 8.125".
Optec Alnitak Flat-Man Specifications...
- Weight: 1.0 lbs.
- Uniformity of illumination: < ± 2% deviation from uniformity
- Power requirements: USB 1.1 or 2.0 (powered hub required if not connected directly to computer)
- Operating systems: Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- Minimum OTA/dewshield OD: 7.625"
- Maximum OTA/dewshield OD: 8.125″
Optec Product Number 19056