Optec FocusLynx Kit With Hand Controller, Cable, and Motor
Optec FocusLynx FT Kits include both the FocusLynx Control Hub and QuickSync FT motors. The Optec OP-FT30-HC FocusLynx Kit includes the #19772 QuickSync FT30 motor, the #19690 FocusLynx Control Hub, and the #19695 FocusLynx Hand Controller.
The Optec FocusLynx Controller Hub is the most advanced focus controller available. FocusLynx has years of field experience with multiple connection methods. It is capable of operating two focusers simultaneously and is fully ASCOM compliant.
The Optec FocusLynx concept offers numerous features for the astronomer:
- Offers multiple ways to connect to your control PC
- You can have multiple software clients
- Use it with multiple focusers
- The user has multiple options available
Multiple Ways to Connect
The FocusLynx Control Hub acts as the central controller to link one or two focusers to any control PC. The hub includes communication ports for Serial and USB (using Optec's USB/Serial cable) and wired Ethernet Network protocols as standard. An optional WiFi board and antenna can be added and installed at any time. Focuser 1 and Focuser 2 ports are available at the top of the FocusLynx hub, with 12VDC Power, Network, Hand Control, and Serial connection ports available at the bottom. An optional aluminum mounting plate makes it easy to mount the FocusLynx Hub to any telescope pier or mount.
Multiple Software Clients
Following the ASCOM Local Server model the Optec FocusLynx Commander software allows multiple clients to connect simultaneously to the FocusLynx hub. Additionally, embedded webservers in the wired Ethernet and WiFi connections allow FocusLynx to generate a control interface accessible through any web browser or smartphone. Because this page is generated and displayed by the hub itself, once you are connected, there is no further configuration required. Simply attach your focusers and go!
Multiple Focusers to Control
The FocusLynx Control Hub can be used with a variety of focusers and focus motor add-ons. Sold as part of the TCF-Lynx, TCF-Lynx3, and FastFocus focuser packages, FocusLynx can be configured as a true absolute focus controller. Using DirectSync, QuickSync or Starlight Instruments Handy Stepper Motor, FocusLynx can also control the TEC, FeatherTouch, Stellarvue, and other manual focusers with step counting circuitry to function as an ASCOM absolute focuser. Special cables can be used to control most unipolar motors including the MicroTouch and Robo-Focus motors. The optional second stepper daughter board allows use of the Focuser 2 port to control a second focuser of any type.
Multiple Options Available
Each FocusLynx package comes complete with everything you need to make your connections. This OP-FT30HC kit package includes the Optec hand controller to make your focusing easier. The included QuickSync FT30 motor is compatible with the FTF25 series 2.5-inch, older 2.7-inch, and FTF30 series 3-inch FeatherTouch focusers.
Optec FocusLynx Controller Hub Electrical and Functional Specifications:
- Stepper Motor Control: For bipolar and unipolar stepper motors
- Resolution: 16-bit controller with 65,535 step range per focuser
- PC Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, or optional 802.11 WiFi
- Hand Control: Included with 2 buttons and Digital Readout
- Second Stepper: Optional plug-in daughter board
- Input Power: 12VDC universal power supply (110 to 230VAC input)
- DC Power: Field battery (13.8VDC) with optional auto cigarette lighter plug
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
FocusLynx Physical Specifications:
- Length: 5.1" (130 mm)
- Width: 3.2" (81 mm)
- Height: 1.0" (27 mm)
- Weight: 10 oz (285 g)
- Mounting Holes: Four 4-40 x 1/8" depth (reverse side)
- Case Material: 6061 aluminum, anodized black
FocusLynx Port Connections Provided:
- Focuser 1: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 to focuser
- Focuser 2: Optional second stepper board for RJ45 socket
- Power: 12VDC input, 2.5 x 5.5mm plug, center pin positive
- Network: Standard RJ45 Ethernet socket
- Hand Controller (optional): RJ22 socket for standard telephone handset cord
- Serial: RJ12 socket for Optec USB/Serial cable (included)
- Additional Information
SKU OP-43010 Manufacturer Optec Focus Control Digital Warranty 1 Year Warranty
- Included Items
- FocusLynx Control Hub
- Optec #19695 FocusLynx Hand Controller
- QuickSync FT30 Motor
- Optec USB/Serial communications cable, 6 ft length
- CAT-5e/CAT-6 Ethernet cable, 6 ft length
- 12VDC 1.25A power supply - 110-240VAC input
- UL/CSA compliant wall plug cord
- Optec Software and Driver CD
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads