Astro-Physics 2.7" Focuser - Standard
Astro-Physics focusers are known for their high quality and dependable designs, and the 2.7" is no exception to this rule. With the greaseless drawtube and high quality machined aluminum composition that are to be expected of the current generation of Astro-Physics focusers. The components are machined to extremely high tolerances, assuring that there is no wiggle between the drawtube and housing. More than a dozen knife-edge baffles are machined into the wall of the drawtube and painted flat black in order to maximize contrast by essentially eliminating any internal reflections.
The splendid 2.7" Astro Physics focuser is a superb piece of work and a fitting upgrade to their previous models. The greaseless drawtube and Helical Rack and Pinion design work together to secure the highest quality of focusing possible, with the precision and finesse of Astro Physic's focuser something certainly worth complimenting. This is a truly top notch example of a single speed focuser, with machined aluminum knobs that were designed with comfortable, firm handling in mind. It also has substantial, easy to grasp thumbscrews.
Another important part of this Focuser is the brass locking rings. Astro-Physics has taken into account that many astronomers like to use a wide variety of heavy and expensive accessories including 2 lb. eyepieces, 35mm and medium-format cameras, binocular viewers, etc. Taking that into account, they designed the focuser with recessed brass locking rings at each thumbscrew location. As you tighten the thumbscrews), the brass locking ring clamps onto the part that has been inserted. Consequently, your focuser drawtube, and 2" and 1.25" accessories are held securely in place. As an added advantage, the brass will not mar the surface of your accessories.
This focuser is packaged with the 1.25" and 2" adapters.
Features and Specifications:
- Greaseless drawtube.
- All components are machined of high quality aluminum. Housing is black-anodized .
- Brass locking rings to secure focuser drawtube, 2" and 1.25" accessories
- 2" adapter is aluminum, black-anodized, screws into focuser drawtube, brass locking ring and 3 thumbscrews. The extra two thumbscrews provide an extra measure of security for your heaviest and most valuable accessories.
- 1.25" adapter is aluminum, black-anodized, slips into 2" adapter or 2" diagonal, brass locking ring, thumbscrew, threaded for 48 mm filters.
- Inside diameter of focuser draw tube is 2.7". The thread pitch is 24 threads per inch.
- Focus travel with the 2" adapter is 4.4"
- Focus travel with telecompressor is 5.0"
- Overall length of the focuser when fully racked in with 2" adapter is 5"
- Overall length of the focuser when fully racked in with 1.25" adapter is 5.3"
- Weight of the focuser with the 2" and 1.25" adapters is 5.25 lb. (2.4 kg)
Manufacturer Product Number: 27FOC3E